overall
Serve in Shaker, Tumbler

RATINGS: 496   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.6   SEASONAL: Spring   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Tweason’ale is a beer we brewed on the cusp of summer. It is a gluten-free sorghum based beer brewed with fresh strawberries from our friends at Fifer Orchards near Dover, Delaware. For the sorghum, we sourced a dark, sweet, syrup with notes of molasses and pit-fruit. We also used a a dark buckwheat honey with a beautiful hay-like, earthy-malty thing that we felt added the final touch to this Tweason’ale recipe.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
osu97gp (677) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - APR 28, 2012
Pours a light hazy orange color with a small sized white head. Aroma of light strawberries and not much else. Flavor starts as sweet strawberries and quickly changes to tart. There is also a light honey flavor though out. Not my style of beer but is quite drinkable.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
adrian910ss (2419) - philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 21, 2012
12 oz bottle. Pours a clear liquid yellow gold straw with a small white head. Aroma of light strawberries, cream, honey and alcohol. Taste is much the same.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
omega (786) - NEW ZEALAND - APR 20, 2012
Strawberry on the nose, which thankfully are not sweet and overpowering. This beer may appeal to some people, but not for me. Little thin flavour wise.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
italarican (1521) - Winston-Salem, North Carolina, USA - APR 16, 2012
Bottle. Pours very clear gold, somewhat flat with little bubbles at the bottom. Aroma is mild of mixed berries with a slight medicinal quality. Taste is a bit watery of strawberry syrup. Slight vinegar-like tang. Not a hop to be found. Seems pleasant for a hot weather day.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 8/20
XmnwildX12 (2079) - Farmington, Minnesota, USA - APR 14, 2012
Smells like an artificial strawberry and pours a golden color, has a strange taste like the scent of canned air haha. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
KornDogg (553) - Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 14, 2012
Bottle. Aroma of strawberries and alcohol. Golden body with thin head. Flavor begins with sweet strawberries and honey but soon changes to a hydrogen peroxide taste. Terrible.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
oh6gdx (22398) - Vasa, FINLAND - APR 14, 2012
Bottled (hooray for my hero TBone!). Amber colour, small slightly off-white head. Aroma is peach, strawberries, some white wine like notes as well as slight alcohol. Flavour is very dry white wine like fruity notes. Quite mouthdrying,

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
TBone (13819) - Pori, FINLAND - APR 14, 2012
Bottled (from NYC)
Clear golden color, small white head. Strong aroma of honey and strawberries. Medium-bodied, Tart front, cellar, wood, honey, strawberries, champagne. Interesting beer, Kind of sweet white wine.I am not sure if I really like this or not :)

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
hopscotch (10076) - Vero Beach, Florida, USA - APR 12, 2012
Bottle… Clear, brilliant, beautiful amber ale with a small, fizzy, white head. Good, tight retention. The aroma offers loads of strawberry with pleasant undercurrents of honey and wild grain. Light-bodied with a sandy mouthfeel and vigorous carbonation. The flavor presents some nice tartness and strawberry. Other than that, it’s pretty much nondescript - which is not a bad thing for a sorghum beer since I usually taste a lot of sorghum. In this one, I do not. Finishes tangy and bone-ass-dry. Probably the best gluten-free I’ve ever tried. Plus, I was guessing this brew was maybe 3.5% ABV, based on taste alone. Amazing that it is 6% ABV. If I suffered from Celiac Disease, I could see myself drinking this (and only this) all summer long… or, in Florida, all year long.

1.4
   AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
umich03jm (2709) - Flat Rock, Michigan, USA - APR 11, 2012
Clear orange color with no head. Sweet aroma. Mostly honey but also strawberries. Taste starts ok with honey and strawberries but turns very bad. Really tart finish and a bad after taste. Very thin mouthfeel. Almost tastes like sweetened water. This is my first gluten free beer so I have nothing to compare to. Not for me though. Drain pour.