overall
Serve in Shaker, Tumbler

RATINGS: 491   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.6   SEASONAL: Spring   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Tweason’ale is a beer we brewed on the cusp of summer. It is a gluten-free sorghum based beer brewed with fresh strawberries from our friends at Fifer Orchards near Dover, Delaware. For the sorghum, we sourced a dark, sweet, syrup with notes of molasses and pit-fruit. We also used a a dark buckwheat honey with a beautiful hay-like, earthy-malty thing that we felt added the final touch to this Tweason’ale recipe.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
KornDogg (546) - Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 14, 2012
Bottle. Aroma of strawberries and alcohol. Golden body with thin head. Flavor begins with sweet strawberries and honey but soon changes to a hydrogen peroxide taste. Terrible.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
oh6gdx (21935) - Vasa, FINLAND - APR 14, 2012
Bottled (hooray for my hero TBone!). Amber colour, small slightly off-white head. Aroma is peach, strawberries, some white wine like notes as well as slight alcohol. Flavour is very dry white wine like fruity notes. Quite mouthdrying,

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
TBone (13636) - Pori, FINLAND - APR 14, 2012
Bottled (from NYC)
Clear golden color, small white head. Strong aroma of honey and strawberries. Medium-bodied, Tart front, cellar, wood, honey, strawberries, champagne. Interesting beer, Kind of sweet white wine.I am not sure if I really like this or not :)

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
hopscotch (9962) - Vero Beach, Florida, USA - APR 12, 2012
Bottle… Clear, brilliant, beautiful amber ale with a small, fizzy, white head. Good, tight retention. The aroma offers loads of strawberry with pleasant undercurrents of honey and wild grain. Light-bodied with a sandy mouthfeel and vigorous carbonation. The flavor presents some nice tartness and strawberry. Other than that, it’s pretty much nondescript - which is not a bad thing for a sorghum beer since I usually taste a lot of sorghum. In this one, I do not. Finishes tangy and bone-ass-dry. Probably the best gluten-free I’ve ever tried. Plus, I was guessing this brew was maybe 3.5% ABV, based on taste alone. Amazing that it is 6% ABV. If I suffered from Celiac Disease, I could see myself drinking this (and only this) all summer long… or, in Florida, all year long.

1.4
   AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
umich03jm (2503) - Flat Rock, Michigan, USA - APR 11, 2012
Clear orange color with no head. Sweet aroma. Mostly honey but also strawberries. Taste starts ok with honey and strawberries but turns very bad. Really tart finish and a bad after taste. Very thin mouthfeel. Almost tastes like sweetened water. This is my first gluten free beer so I have nothing to compare to. Not for me though. Drain pour.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
jtclockwork (10308) - , New Jersey, USA - APR 9, 2012
Bottle. Pours clear amber with off white head. Nose/taste of dusty old strawberries, honey and artificial sugar coated red fruits that were dried for purposes of space travel. Light to medium body.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
Lubiere (10788) - Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA - APR 9, 2012
A golden ale with a thin white head. In aroma, a bizarre mix of wet dough and fruits, light vinegar notes, not good. In mouth, a raspy bizarre mix of chalky maple and old water, light fruits, but overall, bad. On tap at Positive Pie Tap and Grill, April 6, 2012.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 9/20
standupguy (41) - Florida, USA - APR 9, 2012
Nice aroma of light strawberry, appearance of amber-orange and a frothy white head. How to describe the taste, remember when you drink Kool-aid and you have that last little bit in the glass, and then the ice melts and you a quarter inch more of the pale red water in the bottom of the glass. If you drink that watered down strawberry Kool-aid, that’s exactly what this "beer" tastes like. Not terrible, but nothing I’d want again. Incredibly light in flavor, body and mouth feel.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
echoey13 (4) - - APR 6, 2012 does not count
Probably the best GF beer out there (as of April 2012). My preferred buy at the moment. The buckwheat flavor is a needed addition to any sorghum based beer. While I don’t tend to enjoy fruit flavors in beer, the strawberry struck the right balance and was easy to identify but not overpowering.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
Cybercat (3800) - Georgia, USA - APR 5, 2012
Pours a typical but appealing clear amber with a thin and not very persistent white head. Strong, fruity aroma has an overtone of strawberry. I love strawberries. Taste is crisp, a little malty, mainly strawberry, almost like what a strawberry cider would taste like. A strawberry cider? Is that possible? It is not too sweet, and has an undertone of - must be buckwheat. Texture is crisp and smooth, a bit thin and only slightly fizzy, but this is still a satisfying drink. One of these days, somebody will brew a really great gluten-free beer.