Serve in Shaker, Tumbler

RATINGS: 506   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.6   SEASONAL: Spring   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Tweason’ale is a beer we brewed on the cusp of summer. It is a gluten-free sorghum based beer brewed with fresh strawberries from our friends at Fifer Orchards near Dover, Delaware. For the sorghum, we sourced a dark, sweet, syrup with notes of molasses and pit-fruit. We also used a a dark buckwheat honey with a beautiful hay-like, earthy-malty thing that we felt added the final touch to this Tweason’ale recipe.

joergen's rating

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
joergen (23987) - Frederiksberg, - JUL 13, 2013
Bottle at Papsø. Hazy orange coloured with a small white head. Sweet and fruity aroma of caramel and honey. Sweet and fruity flavour of caramel and honey. Sweet finish.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
larsga (6816) - Oslo, NORWAY - SEP 29, 2015
Medium offwhite head. Clear amber body with carbonation. Fruity perfumy herbal aroma with spicy notes. Sweet-acidic strawberry and spice taste with wooden vanilla notes. Mid-to-thin body. Mild, mealy mouthfeel, slightly fizzy. Faintly acidic apple and spice aftertaste with floral soda pop notes. I don’t know. It’s certainly remarkable, but I don’t really enjoy it. (0.355l bottle, from Kihoskh, Copenhagen.)

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
emacgee (4427) - Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA - SEP 26, 2015
Cloudy orange amber with one finger of quickly failing off white head. Nose shows cereal grains and cooked oatmeal with light strawberry. Raw honey with an earthy note on the back end. Flavor’s not my thing. Weird earthy notes from the sorghum and the strawberry/honey combo isn’t doing it any favors. Medium light bodied with a crisp carbonation and touch of alcohol.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
chinchill (3229) - South Carolina, USA - AUG 20, 2015
From a 12oz bottle. Looks great, including a very durable bone colored head. Smells promising but the somewhat weird flavor doesn’t follow, especially in the finish and aftertaste. Still, this is a flavorful and interesting gluten free ale.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
altonbrownd (4351) - Chevy Chase, Maryland, USA - AUG 20, 2015
Bottle from Chevy Chase Supermarket. Golden body with slight head. Nose is strawberries, sweet. Taste is fruity, floral, malts. Sweet, syrupy texture. Okay. Not great.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
tightslice (507) - Redwood City, California, USA - AUG 15, 2015
Bottle from Whole Foods Market in Redwood City, CA. Aroma is turned strawberries, yeast/mold, some wood, maybe dried apricots. Taste is hay, flowers, some earthy dryness, a little honey/malt too, but unfortunately very little strawberry. High carbonation. Reminded me of a cider or mead and if you go in with that expectation, I think you’ll be alright.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Msdrbeat (101) - - AUG 8, 2015
Smells delightful. Tastes not so great. From bottle. Tastes flat. Not like beer. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Dorkenstein (177) - - AUG 7, 2015
Big strawberry jam aroma with the honey too. Taste is cantaloupe initially followed by the grain and ending with strawberry.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 14/20
Japalo (1518) - DENMARK - AUG 2, 2015
Bottle@freedom of the SEA. Three finger head. Spicy herbal. Buckwheat honey yes that rules this brew. Dry. Fine complex. I will come back. 3.7

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Brewhemia (81) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - JUL 25, 2015
I lile the pretty orange color this beer has. The aroma is unusual. Grape, bubblegum and dough. Smells like wine and candy. Taste resembles that of red sparkling wines to me. I actually think its quite good, except for some bittering taste that lingers. I like the sweeetness with a taste of grapes, though a sourness and the bitterness dominates. All in all the taste is not balanced and that impression stays on. Medium to high carbonation. I love that Dogfish does beers like this, in this case a style of beer original to the continent of Africa to my knowledge, but in regard to the taste, this leaves less of a good image than other great beers they have made.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Nuffield (3900) - Roseville, Minnesota, USA - JUL 16, 2015
I’ll say "pah!" to all the naysayers and although I can see some glaring faults, this is a fun beer experience. Orange, golden color, clear. Caramel, wood, vinyl and alcohol on the nose. Intriguing flavors with a funky honey, floral note and fruits that doesn’t unequivocally shout "strawberry". I find the sweetness to be reasonably restrained. Alcohol remains noticeable. Worth trying. Bottle.