overall
Serve in Shaker, Tumbler

RATINGS: 456   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.58   SEASONAL: Spring   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Tweason’ale is a beer we brewed on the cusp of summer. It is a gluten-free sorghum based beer brewed with fresh strawberries from our friends at Fifer Orchards near Dover, Delaware. For the sorghum, we sourced a dark, sweet, syrup with notes of molasses and pit-fruit. We also used a a dark buckwheat honey with a beautiful hay-like, earthy-malty thing that we felt added the final touch to this Tweason’ale recipe.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
rachelastete (5) - Coronado, California, USA - JUN 22, 2012 does not count
This beer is amazing. I’m a wine lover and a beer lover, so this works well for me. I was skeptical at first sight, but the flavor is very unusual and satisfying. I like how it goes down clean, unlike the usual bitter linger that my favorite ales leave. It’s tart and sweet but not too sour. It doesn’t look like a beer, but I don’t judge by appearance. As long as it wasn’t murky and coagulated-looking. I gave a 9 on the taste, only because I was anticipating a little more of a honey or strawberry flavor than there was, but overall this is great and I will purchase it again!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Kross41 (4) - Maryland, USA - NOV 28, 2012 does not count
Aroma: strawberries and honey, enough said Taste: fruity and sweet but with a hint of island lager Overall: the spiciness is hits you a little after the sweet and light beer taste

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Laramik (9) - Crystal Lake, Illinois, USA - NOV 19, 2013 does not count
I can’t believe the low ratings. This isn’t meant to be a super hop blasting brew it’s outstanding. Refreshing and just great. Sweet but not sugary. Fruity yet great beer. Love it.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
jakenburg (3) - Washington, Washington DC, USA - FEB 7, 2012 does not count
This was an excellent beer, not just by gluten-free standards. My fiance has a gluten allergy but I don’t, so I’ve tried quite a few gluten free beers with mixed results.I’m not normally a fan of fruit beers, but the strawberry was understated and the beer’s other elements more than kept up with it. It’s light and refreshing, with a hoppy finish. Tweason’ale proves that gluten-free can be done right. Now if the guys at Dogfish Head would just make a gluten-free IPA....

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
echoey13 (4) - - APR 6, 2012 does not count
Probably the best GF beer out there (as of April 2012). My preferred buy at the moment. The buckwheat flavor is a needed addition to any sorghum based beer. While I don’t tend to enjoy fruit flavors in beer, the strawberry struck the right balance and was easy to identify but not overpowering.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
GuillaumeCL (343) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - MAY 22, 2013
Pours copper with a moderate amount of white head and some visible carbonation. Smell is caramel, biscuit, trees, and citrus. Palate is medium bodied with good carbonation. Taste is VERY interesting, sweet and fruity, then somewhat bitter but still maintaining some fruitiness which all rounds out together in the aftertaste. Quite excellent.

Chalsk (1051) - North Caldwell, New Jersey, USA - JUL 11, 2011
On tap at the Rehoboth Brewpub. I thought this was an excellent brew. Pours a cloudy golden peach amber color with a white foam head. Aroma of berry, grapefruit, and some hints of earthiness. Has a nice sweet hoppy taste with the sours of the strawberry coming through on the backend. Not overly sweet. Well balanced and refreshing.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
ngeunit1 (1555) - San Francisco, California, USA - MAY 16, 2012
A - Pours a fairly clear golden-orange with a finger of frothy white head. The head fades down at a fairly quick pace leaving behind a bit of lace. S - Aroma is a mix of strawberries with some honey, a touch of floral elements, some grains, and a touch of sourness. T - Starts off with a kick of fresh strawberries, some honey, and a bit of grains. Through the middle, some more grains and bready flavor comes through alongside a hint of tart and sourness and some floral flavor. The finish is a mix of strawberries, sweet honey, and some grains. M - Medium-light bodied with moderate carbonation. It feels smooth with sweet and lightly tart finish. D - Very drinkable. Nicely balanced beer with some good flavor, especially considering it is gluten free. I like the strawberry flavor.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
CritterChris (2) - North Carolina, USA - NOV 22, 2012 does not count
Nice strawberry aroma, pinkish color, starts off with a nice unique flavor of strawberries and honey and maybe molasses? A bit of a weird finish, though, almost like soda water. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
paintedmaple (381) - Fenton, Michigan, USA - AUG 9, 2013
On tap...Blackthorn Pub, Holly,MI...Beautiful deep garnet color with absolutely no head this has huge red ripe fruit flavor with a slightly sour background and nice bitter finish. Very refreshing and drinkable; a uniquely satisfying brew that’d I’d like to drink more of. Outstanding...