overall
Serve in Lager glass

RATINGS: 273   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.17   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%
Dominion Lager is brewed using four types of malted barley: Two-Row Pale Brewer’s malt, Munich, Carapils, and Caramel. The bittering hops are Perle and Hallertau from the Yakima Valley in Washington State. The aromatic hops are domestic Tettnang, German Hallertau Hersbrucker, and Czech Saaz. This combination of malt and hops, along with a classic lager yeast from Germany, and the long, low-temperature lagering process results in a mild, smooth, flavorful, complex beer that is a delight to drink.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Aubrey (3442) - Bellingham, Washington, USA - JUN 14, 2002
This beer has been in my ’backyard’ for the last seven years... and I’m just now trying it. I’m ashamed... because it’s such a jewel. I was completely caught off guard with this one. Nothing what I expected. I expected a light-tasting micro that was targeting macro-drinkers. I got the opposite. A REAL lager with flavor, some tasty sourness, and a lovely tart finish. Hennes’ reference to the GLBC Dort was right on.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
argo0 (11562) - Washington DC, USA - JUN 13, 2002
Golden with decent head. Nice sweet Saaz hoppy aroma. Good bitterness on the tongue, not much maltiness. Clean/crisp, dry. Very pleasant lager.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
hennes (934) - Fountain, Michigan, USA - APR 30, 2002
Reminds me a lot of Great Lakes’ Dortmunder - the same clean bite of hops rising through a hearty malt.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
HighlanderOne (1016) - Bergen County, New Jersey, USA - APR 8, 2002
Very tasty, nice mouthfeel. A solid lager. Great with pizza.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
MilkmanDan (1943) - Eagan, Minnesota, USA - MAR 18, 2002
UPDATED: JAN 20, 2005 My appreciation of this one has grown over time. Pretty bright gold. Nose lightly hoppy, biscuity and toasty malts. Flavor very crisp, light lemony hint, plenty of malts. Really nice stuff.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
chrisvonsimson99 (8) - McLean, Virginia, USA - FEB 7, 2002 does not count
A nice example.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
lagerman99 (66) - USA - JAN 8, 2002
If I lived in Virginia, this would be my everyday beer. You guys are lucky who live near enough to enjoy the strong clean flavor, beautifully accented, of this brew.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
dolemike1 (1288) - Jeannette, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 24, 2001
Very nice lager, good flavor. Also as hennes mentioned, it also reminds me of the Great Lakes Dortmunder. Also would have to give the edge to Dortmunder as being the better beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
CrumpyC99 (15) - Richmond, Virginia, USA - OCT 8, 2001
This is all I ever wanted in a Lager. For an everyday beer, it’s my favorite. Reasonably priced and not too filling. I love it.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
lmahony199 (52) - Alexandria, Virginia, USA - JUN 10, 2001
extrenly crisp and unique for lager