RATINGS: 165   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.43/5   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
This rich, red ale is made in the American Pale Ale style. It has a strong hop character, medium body, dry finish, and floral hop aroma. We use pale Two-Row Brewer’s malt, Caramel 80 and 40 Lovibond malt, and Munich malt. For bittering and aroma Willamette, Cascade, and Tettnang hops are used in the kettle and as dry hopping in the fermenter.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
shameusburp (171) - Virginia, USA - FEB 27, 2005
Nothing to write home about. Just above a waste of $3.50. Basic pale ale. Looked pretty good but not much there.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
SiddFinch (155) - Pen Argyl, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 7, 2004
Not what I expected. If I didn’t know better, I’d think they mislabeled my bottle. Very malty (caramel and toffee) and dominated by the taste of passion fruit (I’m not even sure what this is but it describes it well in my head and that’s all that matters). I found this to be a very different Pale Ale and although I didn’t enjoy it very much, I’d recommend it to anyone looking for something a little different. Its well done, just not to my liking.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
WhiteSoxFan (152) - USA - APR 8, 2006
Bottle. Beer of the month. Pours a deep copper, almost amber, but not quite. Very clear, ~<1" head that went away quickly leaving a layer of foam. Sweet malt and florally almost fruity hop aroma. Taste is OK. Starts off good with a malty sweetness / hints of caramel up front, but becomes rather bitter with an odd, almost cardboardy or stale finish, hard for me to describe. Medium mouthfeel with a sort of high level of carbonation. OK, would not buy if I saw it at the store. Many better Pale ales out there.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
mcc5468 (121) - USA - AUG 5, 2009
From a 12 oz. botltle. Pours a dark amber color. Light head. Aroma is sweet, almost reminds me of butter toffee. Taste is really malty, overpoweringly so. Tastes like butter. i think I may have gotten a bad bottle. This wasn’t good.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Prolitariat777 (102) - St george, Utah, USA - AUG 14, 2015
Polished brass color nice lacing hoppy aroma taste mild grains and hops. Good crisp finish. Very nice APA

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
BelgianGirl (89) - West Chester, Ohio, USA - AUG 23, 2005
Crisp hop aroma. Nice amber color with creamy white head-good lacing. Pretty hoppy flavor with a hint of maltiness and bitterness. Overall a good beer that is easy to drink.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
shanereid (75) - Portsmouth, Virginia, USA - OCT 25, 2005
A very hoppy pale ale with a dry taste to me. I enjoyed it and the colour was nice as well.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
PattiA (49) - Madison, New Hampshire, USA - JAN 23, 2005
Hearty brew with matlry fruit-like aroma. Similar to brandy with a citrus-like edge to it. Hints of caramel flavor. Smooth texture, medium body. Excellent with wintertime thick stews.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
SirHopsAlot (44) - Cockeysville, Maryland, USA - OCT 11, 2002
This is a very well made pale ale. great hops on the nose and palate. And a nice balance of malt as well.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
BuckyinMinn (18) - Eden Prairie, Minnesota, USA - NOV 9, 2005
I enjoyed this beer, but directly out of the tap it felt like there was too much carbonation. Also, there seemed to be a strong taste of malt instead of hops. Good beer, but unfortuneatly only average.