Brewed by FEMSA - Cuauhtémoc-Moctezuma (Heineken)
Style: Pale Lager
Monterrey/Orizaba, Mexico

RATINGS: 1457   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.08/5   EST. CALORIES: 134   ABV: 4.45%
Dos Equis Special Lager is a refreshing, crisp, golden, lager style beer imported from Mexico. Made with roasted malts, choice hops, a unique strain of yeast and purified water, this distinctive brew is known simply as “Lager” in its homeland.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
igneous1 (1524) - Davenport, Iowa, USA - AUG 20, 2003
beer reminds me a lot of a sauvignon blanc in the flavor...other than that, there is nothing in the aroma. i s'pose it's as good as anything else on a hot summer day..other than that, it's worth nothing.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
BroueNeault (158) - Montréal, Quebec, CANADA - AUG 17, 2003
UPDATED: JAN 7, 2004 This is actually a bad beer...not much aroma, almost no taste (except for corn). I had a hard time to get through the bottle (but I did...I like to finish what I started).

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
papajohn (1249) - San Diego (Mira Mesa), California, USA - AUG 3, 2003
Green bottle. Nothing to the nose. Cold, wet and rather tasteless. Nothing bad, just nothing.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
DragonStout (1408) - Pickerington, Ohio, USA - AUG 3, 2003
Not too terrible.This was somewhat tolerable.I wouldn't want another anytime soon tho.Its just a medium body lager with some bitter aftertaste.I had this on draft.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
ezralb (3) - USA - AUG 2, 2003 does not count
Not as bad as some mexican's I've had.Still,not a full aroma.Strong aftertaste,water and alcohol would seem to be the recipe here.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
drismyhero (815) - Tacoma, Washington, USA - AUG 2, 2003
I know this is about the most absurd thing anyone can say, but this tastes like a Mexican restaurant. I don't know what that means, but I just know it's true. Actually a touch malty for a pilsner, especially for one from South of the border, but all in all just rather flavorless (which beats the hell out of totally disgusting).

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Uglyradio (791) - Greenville, South Carolina, USA - AUG 1, 2003
This lager pours a clear golden yellow. It has a small, fizzy white head that dissipates completely. The aroma is virtually non-existent, with no malt or hops present at all. It has a light body with lively carbonation and a crisp mouthfeel. The flavor is malty sweet up front. The finish is slightly hoppy, crisp, and somewhat dry. Much better than Corona.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
osubucks26 (30) - Seville, Ohio, USA - JUL 29, 2003
One of my personal favorites. Very smooth taste. Great for a hot day. Very enjoyable.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
tsarman (794) - Northern, New Jersey, USA - JUL 27, 2003
Es bueno para un mexicano cerveza. Pero, lo es muy skunky y yo no lo me gusta. Corona es mas malo, pero este cerveza es nada bueno.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Falconseye8 (542) - Evans, Colorado, USA - JUL 27, 2003
If I'm drinking a mexican beer this is my favorite. Don't care for corona at all. This tastes much better