overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip

RATINGS: 2548   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.01/5   EST. CALORIES: 336   ABV: 11.2%
This is a lacerative muther of a beer. The evil big brother of Arrogant Bastard Ale. It is strongly suggested you stay far, far away from this beer. Those foolish enough to venture close enough to taste will experience a punishingly unforgiving assault on the palate. íCourse thereís always the masochists...
Note: 2007 - 10%, 2008 & 2009 - 10.5%, 2010 - 11.2%, 2011 - 10.5%, 2012 - 11.2%.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
BeerandBlues2 (11732) - Escondido, California, USA - FEB 14, 2005
Happy birthday to me! 2004 Vintage 22-oz. bottle. Pours coppery nut brown, very clean with a tall frothy brown head, like caramalized butter. Wonderful roasted malt aroma with caramel and nuts with an alcohol nose. The flavor is a warming caramel malt and faibtly oats. It finishes hoppy with an alcohol bite that tries to steal your breath. Full-bodied and warm palate with a slight metallic nouthfeel.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
BrockLanders (780) - Panama City, Florida, USA - FEB 12, 2005
UPDATED: NOV 5, 2006 2003, bottle. Pours a dark copper color with a nice glass coating light tan creamy looking head. Toffee, piney, floral hops, and nice malty aromas in the nose. The sweet malts are really coming through...I guess after two years in the bottle I should expect that. I sense the alcohol as this warms in the glasss. My wife sipped it and couldnít decide whether it was I2PA or barley wine. Either way....I love it. Taste yields more hops on top of the alcohol flavor followed by sweet malts. If the state of FL finds out Iím bringing this into the state Iím busted for sure. The finish is alcohol all over the place---phenol, ester, fusel--plus an appropriate amount of bitter hops. Strong ale? Barley wine? I2PA....Iím not sure, but no matter what your call is Iíd say youíll find it to be excellent. Thanks Cornboy!!!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
brownaler (490) - Alexandria, Virginia, USA - FEB 11, 2005
Dark brown-orange appearance. The malts are more aggressive here than Arrogant Bastard, but not as balanced.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
ABUSEDGOAT (2489) - California, USA - FEB 10, 2005
UPDATED: AUG 30, 2007 Reddish brown, moderate sized light tan head. Aroma is big in all regards. Huge hops, huge alcohol, and very big but rough malts. However, I feel that the aroma is not balanced, itís just big. The flavors are everywhere. The finish is sweet alcoholic, but there is some hop flavor. I used to have this as a 4.5 beer.

ghett0yeti (29) - Chandler, Arizona, USA - FEB 10, 2005
UPDATED: APR 7, 2005 This is by far the best tasting thing I have ever had the pleasure of putting in my gullet, and Iíve eaten spoonfuls of mayonnaise.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
Jt77fb (1) - Vienna, Virginia, USA - FEB 9, 2005 does not count
I mean as always its a tastey beer, but I thought it wasnít hoppy enough. Not as aggressive of an ale that I was used to from you guys. I still drank plenty so keep up the good work. Jimmy Vienna, Va

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
JoeMcPhee (9169) - Toronto, ON, Ontario, CANADA - FEB 5, 2005
2004 release. Bright red-brown colour with a thick light brown head. Very sweet malty aroma, bready, cookie dough, biscuit malt with a spicy hop aroma. Flavour is malty and sweet up front, cookie dough, caramel and a light spicy hop flavour before a huge bitterness explodes across the palate. As it wams, there is a strange chemical aroma/flavour that comes across. Pretty good, but way overrated in my opinion.

hellomynameis (876) - Mayer, Minnesota, USA - FEB 5, 2005
Awesome fruity and citrus aroma. Nice sweet taste that finishes in a great hop bitterness. Not for the every day beer drinker, but is something I wouldnít mind gettign more of.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
BassMonkey83 (16) - USA - FEB 3, 2005
This one is unbelievable. Incredibly hopped, with wonderful citrus, candy,fruit, bread/toast and pine notes. Flavors are much similar with a glorious bitter bite on the finish. While the alcohol content is high, I found it incredibly balanced and less noticeable than in the Stone IPA. The Bastard and the IPA are my first experiences with Stone and Iím now a convert and disciple. I for one welcome my new beer overlord.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Cashazza (217) - Morganville, Maryland, USA - FEB 2, 2005
Yaíll canít f*** with my bastard of a 200th rating... Can I hear a Whoís Your Daddy??? I have to say that Iím in love with the Bastard family -- and this one doubly so. Reddish brown appearance, and very much like a barley wine...god love it. Such a strong brew -- powerful malty flavor, balanced with Stoneís generous hops. Also present is caramel, molasses, brandy, dark fruits, and alcohol...This is why I love America! Hell yes, Greg! LONG LIVE STONE!!!