overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip

RATINGS: 2451   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.01   EST. CALORIES: 336   ABV: 11.2%
This is a lacerative muther of a beer. The evil big brother of Arrogant Bastard Ale. It is strongly suggested you stay far, far away from this beer. Those foolish enough to venture close enough to taste will experience a punishingly unforgiving assault on the palate. íCourse thereís always the masochists...
Note: 2007 - 10%, 2008 & 2009 - 10.5%, 2010 - 11.2%, 2011 - 10.5%, 2012 - 11.2%.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
cigarsnbeer (146) - Valley City, North Dakota, USA - JUN 1, 2004
Wow, what can I say about this beer that hasnít already been said. If you like Stoneís Arrogant Bastard,youíre gonna love this offering! Malty with a perfect hop balance, and a beautiful red hue....man I wish I had another right now!

TheRealBastard (145) - The-No, California, USA - JAN 9, 2008
UPDATED: APR 21, 2009 April 20th 2009 - Well just had a 2005 to celebrate my annual 4:20. Smoked a bowl and drank a DB, doesnít get much better than that! Janurary 9th 2008 - This is my favorite beer of all time, every year I look forward to its release.† Stone Brewing freakin rocks!† I guess Iíll just wait for the IRS instead! April, 5th 2008 - Ok well I just picked up another 7 bottles of this and 6 of them are gone. This is by far the best session brew of all time. I drink 3 of these and I start walking funny. I drank an 06 vintage and got a huge malt bomb!!! It was freakin delcious. The fresh stuff stings your tastes buds with refreshing hops and super malt. This beer is on steriods or something. It is the most unique beer I have ever drank and impresses me more and more everytime I drink it(which is atleast once a week). I have drained New Jersey of this beer completely, I am always on the prowl for more. Next release Iím buying 5 cases, hopefully it will last me the winter, but who really knows. This beer needs to move into the top 1 for sure. For my 24th birthday I had a 1/2 keg of Oaked Bastard which was delicious just not as good as the Double. This year to celebrate my quarter century of living, Iím getting a 1/2 barrel of Double Bastard. If you want to come send me a Beermail. All are welcome to come enjoy this masterpiece on tap. Maybe Iíll write a letter to the president of Stone Brewing Co. and ask for a 1/2 barrel of some kind of barrel aged Double Bastard. That would freakin rock!!!! April 20th, 2007 (420) Yesterday my wife, little broski, and I went to a tattoo convention in Philly and had a great time. On our way home there was a Canalís liquor store I had never been in. So we had to stop to check out thier beer selection. It was very limited, but they did have nine bottles of Double Bastard on the shelf. So I grabbed all of them with joy and my wife rolled her eyes at me. I took the nine bottles to the counter and asked the young lady running the register if they had any more. Sure enough the beer manager comes running up with a whole case that was sitting in the back!!!! So I bought the whole case and left with a huge grin on my face knowing I have some Double Bastard once again to ration out over the next couple weeks. Iím in the dog-house with my wife though, but thatís okay because I have 12 delicious Double Bastards sitting in my living room.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
frankR (145) - Davis, California, USA - FEB 19, 2004
UPDATED: JUN 20, 2005 Liquid is blood red translucent under light. Nose is fruity malt and hops. Front is resin syrup thick, malts and fruit. Finish is hoppy, with lots of malt to balance things out. Overall spectacular!

foosnbrews (145) - Parker, Colorado, USA - NOV 26, 2008
Beer is Hazy Amber with thin tan/white head. Wonderful Hop aroma. Hops bitterness perfectly balances alchol and malt sweetness. Itís hard to believe that this is a 10.5 Percent beer. Hop Bitterness is initially very forward but subdues substantially as drinking progresses. Spicy piney dank hop bitterness. Flavors are sharp with a Sticky/full mouthfeel.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
BeerRunner (144) - San Diego, California, USA - MAR 22, 2003
This is a good brew, but quite honestly I like Arrogant Bastard better. Sure, if you are interested in getting your ass kicked, this is a great brew. And it is a fine brew, to be sure, but I prefer Arrogant Bastard.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Ygberg (143) - SWEDEN - MAR 10, 2010
Appearance is amber with white head. Aroma of citrus, caramel and prune. Taste is very bitter, behind the aggressive bitterness thereís a fruity and sweet taste of prunes, caramel, toffee and raisins. Overall a nice beer thatís, in my opinion, a bit to aggressive in itís hopyness.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
DragonsHead (142) - Morgantown, West Virginia, USA - FEB 18, 2008
Different from the original arrogant bastard. Nice aroma. Much more maltyness than the regular bastard. Much less hops as well. Good drink overall with just a bit of alcohol bite.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
donvitozou (141) - memphis, Tennessee, USA - JAN 4, 2005
not as good as arrogant bastard, the extra alcohol content seems forced. but the flavor is still present, everything that is good about arrrogant bastard is in this beer, the extra alcohol just seems to take away from it

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
ENTROPY (141) - Terra Bella, California, USA - NOV 17, 2002
ok...first off, I was really drunk when I was able to drink this one, First was:Chimay Bleu,Sierra Nevada Celebration ale,ayinger,some kinda lambic style beer, trois pistoles, then the double bastard, I have another big bottle so Iíll probabley rerate this beer. From what I remember it had a nice head, and smelled like alcohol, it seemed to taste very good, but Im gonna drink again just to get a good rating out of it.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Ubiquibeer (140) - Cleveland, USA - NOV 1, 2003
2003 bottle. The beer had literally only been in Ohio for an hour before I got my grubby little beer geek hands on it. Nice tan head, dark amber/red color. I smell hops, malt, fruit, more hops, and some more hops--oh, and some alcohol. Good googly moogly! Taste malty, sweet, grapefruit, but not as bitter of a finish as I had expected (feared). Actually, the finish is devine. Amazing how such a big beer can finish so tender and loving. I AM worthy, albeit just barely. I expected a jacked-up arrogant bastard, but what I got was a delicious, balanced brew. This is tasty but not for the faint of heart. I wonder what this 2003 vintage would taste like in a year or so. Gotta love Stone.