overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip

RATINGS: 92   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.84   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 300   ABV: 10%
Stone’s Double Bastard Aged with/in Oak

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
JohnC (3000) - Mission Viejo, California, USA - DEC 1, 2007
On tap at the 2007 Pizza Port strong ale fest Malty, tasty, but I didn’t really taste/smell the oak influence

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
wetherel (1836) - Encinitas, California, USA - DEC 1, 2007
On tap at Stone’s 2007 Double Bastard Night. Listed as 2007 Double Bastard with Oak Chips on CASK. Another tap was labeled 2006 French Oak Barrel Aged. I didn’t want to enter too many variations so this category will lump some together. Great fluffy cask head. Great mouthfeel. Small bubbles all over the place. Cloudy dark amber color. Very, very drinkable. Not bitter. Mild aroma. Least bitter of the double bastards, and my favorite of them all (by 0.1-0.2 points). Sweet. Excellent. Double Bastard is one of my favorite beers. I have been collecting and aging these. I now have 04,05,06, and 07. Tasted with kp, eyedrinkale, oodeftone (on BA), and darkelf.