overall

RATINGS: 119   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.2   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%

Bravepig's rating

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Bravepig (11) - - DEC 22, 2012
Very light. Not very hoppy. Not a vet pleasant taste or aftertaste. Not allt all what I expected.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
wmubronco1992 (605) - Coldwater, Michigan, USA - MAR 1, 2014
Bottle. Pours a very cloudy caramel color. Small light tan head. Very mild hop aroma. Some lace. A little bit of bitter in the flavor, but pretty muted. Bought this as single and later realized that the brewed on date was 1/29/13. Thatís pretty old for this type of beer. Not sure if the lack of hop forward was due to the age or if it was because this was an English rendition of an IPA. Very possible that a fresh version of this would be tastier.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
salvaticas (410) - - FEB 8, 2014
On tap at Cass Cafe. Pours a cloudy amber. No aroma. Slight hoppy taste, comes off more as an amber. A zero for style but drinkable. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
KPD (36) - Michigan, USA - JAN 17, 2014
Aroma malty diacetyl, I like diacetyl in English style beers. Pours a pretty clear light amber not exactly pale but looks good. Taste is malty sweetness with butterscotch. Not bad English style ipa. US hopheads have to think WTF?

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
tectactoe (1527) - Michigan, USA - JAN 3, 2014
Tap: amber-y, orange kind of color, some copper tints, no head to be seen; barely even a modest collar resting at the edges. Translucent but hazed. Aroma has some leafy, grassy, earthy, & borderline floral notes, but they are rather light for a 7% ABV IPA. Hint of grapefruit with notable crystal or caramel malty sweetness. Taste is more like an English pale ale... Not really bitter at all, though hop flavors are present; earthy, floral - again, more of the English style hop flavors. Pretty sweet in the finish, malt is definitely more than a bit-part here. Caramel, toast, some crystal sugars. Not a bad beer but not really what Iím looking for in the style, not to mention itís rather expensive for what youíre getting.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Holtguy (114) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - DEC 21, 2013
Orange with no head. Aroma faintly hoppy. Flavor is mild. Hops are modest, flavor is okay. Kind of like a beginner IPA, sort of something InBev would brew and call an IPA.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Alextricity (509) - Michigan, USA - SEP 9, 2013
0133 on the bottom of the bottle -- I donít know if that means this was bottled on the 13th day of this year, the 3rd day of this year, or if itís not relevant at all. If that IS the date, then this IPA is 5+ months old (After looking, it appears that thatís just a batch code... so I donít know when this was bottled.) Appearance: Poured this $3 single into my Samuel Adams Perfect Pint glass. Like any other bottled Dragonmead beer, the label is pretty bland... seems like it was made in a cheap computer program like ... I donít know ... Paint. The beer pours a slightly hazy orange color with quite a few particles floating around. I give this a 3/5 because there was basically no head, and no lacing... thatís a big part of appearance for me when judging most beers. Smell: Dark fruits and alcohol, primarily, for me... which I wasnít expecting. Iíve had a few other English IPAs in the past, but I donít remember them tasting or smelling like this one. The alcohol in the nose makes this one feel like itís a higher ABV than 7%. Taste/feel: Not bad. A HUGE amount of sweetness -- really, I donít get any bitterness here. If I do, itís really quite subtle. The taste of Crown Jewels is big on the dark fruits, and maybe a trace of alcohol from the slight burn... then again, that could be the carbonation. The aftertaste is still very sweet with fruits, but some malts come in to add a bit more dimension. I really donít get any serious hop flavors (which I understand is normal for this particular style) unless I burp. I wish I could say I loved this beer because I paid $3 for a single, but yeah. Itís definitely not worth $3. Itís pretty good, but overly sweet for my taste.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
fattybladdy (507) - Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA - AUG 18, 2013
Bottle from the bargain bin. Poured a darkish brown with an obscene amount of head, this is insanely carbonated...so much that I couldnít even wait a few minutes to drink, I eventually just had to just move on to another beer while waiting for this to settle. To the beerís defense it may have been sitting in the bargain bin awhile. After finally getting back to this one, taste is primarily malty, caramel and a bit sour, also a bit of pine and some bitterness. Certainly doesnít seem to fit the classification of an IPA. Not bad, but hardly worth the wait.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Michbeerlover (140) - - JUL 6, 2013
1st Dragonmead beer I have had even though they are only a few miles from my house....Pours a murky brownish orange with a 1 finger head. Appearance does not match a typical IPA. Darker than normal. Some sweet bready malt aroma with faint hops. Don't know how old the bottle is though.....Taste is doughy and nothing else. Mouthfeel is medium with no real carbonation. Kind of blah. Does not have much of any aroma or taste. I did not hate it, but would not buy more. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

0.7
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
rumproasts (2734) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - JUN 24, 2013
bottle. Completely flat amber liquid. Bottle appears to not have been sealed properly. Flavor is pretty awful, so I suspect this would have ended up being poured down the drain either way, but it made the decision easier.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Keir (124) - Saint Louis, Missouri, USA - MAR 4, 2013
Draft at brewery. Fairly bland IPA, with subtle notes of bitterness and fruitiness on the nose and palate. Light, sweet, mild. 04.22.2010