Draught House Amber Waves
     click to upload
overall

RATINGS: 13   MEAN: 3.31/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.13   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
Toasted toffee flavors with American hops.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
churchill00 (154) - Austin, Texas, USA - APR 5, 2007
I had this right after the Hop Gold, and I really didn’t notice a huge difference. A wallflower; this really could be mistaken as something more generic--not a house brew. My buddy was drinking this and we compared the two side by side, and they were nearly the same color with similar aromas, but this had a weaker hop texture. Pretty watery, a bit bitter, with a medium dry finish. [Shrug]

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Walt (2449) - Austin, Texas, USA - NOV 17, 2005
DewBrewer and I must’ve been drinking different beers...pour is reddish amber with a big dense tan head...the smell was sweet with a nice citrus hoppiness to it...taste is sweet initially, turning mouth souring astringent chemical...slightly bitter...I don’t know if maybe they hooked up a new keg to a different line and the line had some chemicals in it still (impossible though it may be) or what, but I just think something was wrong...

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
DewBrewer (295) - Austin, Texas, USA - AUG 8, 2005
On draught. This is a good example of an American Amber. It is very clean with a medium level of hops and some nice malt to go along. Good beer.