Draught House Edel Weisse
     click to upload

Serve in Weizen

RATINGS: 5   MEAN: 3.36/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.02   SEASONAL: Summer   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
Hopped-up Wheat Beer with big citrus flavors

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Cavie (3745) - Fort Worth, Texas, USA - JUL 26, 2009
Foggy yellow orange. Hefe smell with loads of clove. Taste is fairly dry with hints of citrus.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Zinister (1423) - Houston, Texas, USA - JUL 17, 2009
Coppery color with rich head. Aromas of banana and clove, with citrus and wheat as well. Flavor is bitter citrus with light grain.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
kidmartinek (3507) - austin, Texas, USA - JUN 10, 2008
Orange copper, very cloudy and a 1/2" foam head to boot. The beer’s color and clarity are immaculate. Fruity wheat citrus aroma. Full flavored, bitter wheat flavor with notes of cherry, orange, and plum. Dry and fizzy texture that tingles the lips after the sip. Artistic lacing. Medium strength citrus peel finish.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Walt (2449) - Austin, Texas, USA - JUL 2, 2006
Pour is dark hazy golden with a nice rocky white head...smell is lightly spicy with some vanilla, clove, lemon, and banana...taste is strikingly bitter...some sweet citrus flavors up front, but just a citric bitter finish...

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
grat (433) - ST. Louis, Missouri, USA - SEP 5, 2005
UPDATED: SEP 6, 2005 As i loosen my lederhosen to take a seat. I grasp my chalice full of pure german engineering and smile. Ohh when they poured it I heard the rustling winds rising over the Matterhorn and I felt my Fräulein stroke the back of my sweaty neck...golden...no wait amber...no wait...as the light shines through the glass I see flashes of green, orange and gold. This beer is mysterious, shapeshifting, even. A frothing head alights the sea of colors keeping watch over all that is pure and chaste in my glass. I tilit it to my nose. Egadz! What hops reside in this sea? What bitter, foul plant has ridden these waves?! I smell no hay, I smell no buttered grain, rather an intense hoppy presence, bitter to it’s hallertaur core! <sp> What a froth of bubbles and steam spreads from the corners of my mouth as I take it into my gaping face. The bitterness has bitten my mouth and no lemon with its healing salve will cure the wound. This beers bitter hatred runs deep...very deep. SOOOO bitter for a weiss...I’ve known none more so. The only cloves, bubblegum, banana present are those I imagine from my past crusades, past weiss that has bent to my will and succumbed to my master military plan...Alack I am cursed by this bitterness that no calvary can defeat...