Drummond Brothers
     click to upload
overall

RATINGS: 13   MEAN: 2.07/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.3   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.4%
A light libation of extraordinary character. Drummond Bros. Beer was originally brewed by Falls City Brewing of Louisville, KY. It later passed to G. Heileman of Evansville, IN and then to Evansville Brewing Co. Pittsburgh Brewing acquired the brand when Evansville shut down in 1997. Light American lager. Won a gold medal at the Great American Beer Festival in 1993.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
pjcoupe (105) - Perryton, Texas, USA - FEB 18, 2002
This is what I want in a beer it is a great old style american pilzner tastes like Falstaff

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Beer Guy99 (250) - Maineville, Ohio, USA - FEB 15, 2002
UPDATED: FEB 2, 2004 Drummond Bros. was always a clean, easy drinking beer. It did win a gold medal at Great American Beer Festival while being brewed by Evansville Brewing. I finally tried it since it moved to Pittsburgh and it tastes much the same, it's a good everyday beer. Always at a bargain price but the can looks expensive. I hear this beer sold very well in Japan for a while. Like an old friend. This is definitely worth trying and buying on a regular basis, especially if you're currently drinking loser suds like Milwaukee's Best or Natural Light. You can do better with Drummond Bros. at around the same price.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 1/20
SteveGinIL (1) - USA - MAY 10, 2007 does not count
The rating is based on 1975, so it doesnít mean anything anymore. Drummond Bros. is a beer I tried back in the 70s, when my neighbor across the street had one of the old 50s-style pop machines filled with it. He kept them mighty cold, and it was great. After IO moved from there, I only found Drummond Bros. once more, but had fond memories of it. In 1985, a liquor store I frequented had what was a new beer then, called Tsing Tao, that the owner swore was a great beer, but they could only get in one case a month. One day I was able to buy a six-pack and it was great. My next trip in, I bought another two six-packs. While standing in line, the owner and the guy ahead of me in line got to talking about Tsing Tao. The guy in front of me said it reminded him of Drummond Bros., which was the best beer heíd ever tried. The owner and I both laughed out loud and said, ""No kidding! Drummond Bros. is great beer." I have not seen it since then. I am glad to see it is still being made, though I wonder if it will still be the same, since the company has been sold three times. I live in the Chocago area, and if anyone knows where it can be had, Iíd love to know.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
jetzler (622) - oklahoma city, Oklahoma, USA - DEC 16, 2006
Can, Lager Glass. Seriously I did not mind this one that much, really not too bad fairly tame in taste but nothing ferociously nasty like I expected. I might actually buy this one again. A decent amount of taste, nothing to much no hops but mild light malts, nothing too sweet. Really not that bad especally for a can.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
fiveacestx (596) - Texas, USA - NOV 14, 2011
Had this back in í92 or í93. I was passing through Tennessee and hadnít seen it in my home state so I picked up a six. Kinda reminded me of Natural Light. Real salty tasting.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
lewis13 (49) - Kokomo, Indiana, USA - APR 2, 2007
I used to buy this stuff in college (not THAT long ago) strictly because it was $6.99 a case. While itís fairly obvious that my priorities were different then, that may be why I canít seem to remember anything about the way this beer tasted. I am guessing thereís a reason I havenít bought it since.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
3fourths (8038) - Boulder, Colorado, USA - MAR 4, 2004
Light yellow and clear a bright white head. Smells like subtle lemons, but taste like absolutely nothing... water, really.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
tramp55555 (61) - Lisbon, Ohio, USA - SEP 15, 2007
Drinkable and weak, donít pass on a free one. But donít buy it unless itís the only thing in the store not made by AB beer butchers.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 3/20
ByTheGlass (41) - USA - DEC 19, 2002
I believe this beer was often served in small plastic cups at various Indianapolis bars back in the early 80ís on íNickel beer nightsí I never heard anybody either praise or complain about it. At the very least a middle of the road lawnmower beer.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
PhillyBeer2112 (2525) - Oviedo, Florida, USA - JUN 8, 2005
Well Iíve actually got a story to go along with this one. Iíve mentioned in other ratings that I grew up around alot of swill drinking softball players. My dad played softball with a group of guys just about every weekend while the weather permitted for several years, up until I was about 8 or 9 years old. My dad hated beer but his friends drank like crazy - I guess it was cool in the 70ís to just be able to hold softball games in public parks and have coolers of beer sitting all around. The pitcher would usually keep a cold one in his glove while he pitched. Anyway, the point is that I would find lots of different kinds of empties around these places and became fascinated by the variety and began to collect cans. I gave up that hobby years ago but one of the ones I found one day that really stood out was a can of Drummond Bros. I remember it stood out as a very distinctive can with the ornate design and swords. Fast forward 30 years and Iím driving by Sams Club and get curious about the little liquor store they have attached...I begin to wonder if they might have something my regular store doesnít. In general the answer was no, but I sure jumped when I saw sixpacks of Drummond Bros. on the shelf for $3. There was no way I could pass that up! Cold in a thistle glass, its a pale gold that approaches the straw color range. Medium fizzy head. Initial aroma hints a sulfur (not light struck, more the rotten egg sulfur). Not a good start. Fortunately that aroma faded and the sulfur was not detectable in the flavor. It was quite clean actually, nothing offensive but also no redeeming qualities either. Excessive carbonation gives it a fuller mouthfeel than it really had. Finishes a bit sticky and wet; not refreshing. A second can featured a distinctive metallic flavor (not drinking directly out of the can).