Druthers Brewing Dopplebock

Druthers Brewing Dopplebock
     click to upload

RATINGS: 1   MEAN: 3.4/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.84   EST. CALORIES: 234   ABV: 7.8%

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Glouglouburp (6103) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - AUG 6, 2013
In short: A very clean dopplebock that is like melted candies in a glass. Good.
How: Tap at brewpub.
The look: Clear golden ruby body topped by a small off-white head.
In long: The malty nose is very much on the candy side, hard candies, soft liquorice candies, etc. The medium body is feels slender for the style and size, a medium carbonation. Taste is pretty much the same as the aroma. This beer is a melted candy in a glass. There is various hard candies, jelly beans, soft red liquorice, red berries breakfast jam, notes of leafy hops. Maybe a bit too clean for what I like in a Dopplebock, feels a bit characterless, but on the other hand the drinkability was very high. Overall an ok beer, maybe slightly below average for the style. And as usual when I’m drinking in a brewpub I yelled “hey you pathetic ticker!” but nobody turned around, I was a the only ratebeerian in the brewpub I guess.