Druthers Brewing Dry Stout

Druthers Brewing Dry Stout
     click to upload

RATINGS: 1   MEAN: 3.4/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.84   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Glouglouburp (5944) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - AUG 6, 2013
In short: A basic clean and light dry stout with bready cereals and coffee notes. Good session beer.
How: Tap at brewpub.
The look: Black boy topped by a very small off-white head.
In long: Nose is typical light breakfast stout smell burnt toasts and coffee. In mouth the body feels lean but not watery and the relaxed carbonation feels appropriate. Taste is smooth. There is a medium of roast, a sip of black coffee, blackened toasted bread. Overall quite dry just like I expect from a Dry Stout (d’uh!). Body is lean but not watery and the low-medium carbonation is appropriate. There is not a lot to say about a beer like this and can’t find anything bad to say about it either. A low-intensity and low-complexity beer that is not boring. Not exciting but I could session a beer like this all night. Even if I’m an adult heterosexual male I prefer to go to brewpubs instead of going to strip clubs, mainly because strip clubs are demeaning to women, beer is better in brewpubs, and I’m 100% certain my mother doesn’t work in a brewpub.