overall
Serve in Weizen

RATINGS: 72   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.37   IBU: 12   EST. CALORIES: 129   ABV: 4.3%

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
DiarmaidBHK (3386) - Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 23, 2012
Bottle from heritage liquors. Pours yellow with a thin white head. Big fragrant nose with lots of banana. A bit dry on the tongue but the banana notes are still big. Clean finish. Very nice.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
GarrettB (1018) - San Diego, California, USA - SEP 15, 2012
Summer 2011 - Dry Dock holds a special place in my heart. When I evacuated Japan after the 2011 earthquake, Colorado was where I returned, it being home and a refuge with family support networks. And Dry Dock was a surprisingly important part of that. It’s where I went with friends to shake off the the general stress of a summer spent like a ship listing to port. I had momentum, but it was taking me in circles. Dry Dock reminded me why I enjoyed beer culture and breweries - good people, experimental brews, and fascinating variance in the beer itself. I premise this by saying this is a negative review, and that there is a positive review coming. The first time I had Dry Dock Brewery’s Hefeweizen, it was from a bottle and spent over an especially heated board game. I didn’t like what I had. The second time I had their Hefe it was fresh from the tap, and was a totally different brew. Today I’m writing about that first go - insipid and flat. There was very little head, and the beer poured a dark tapioca, almost like an aged cedar plank brown. I should have suspected that the bottle was bad, but I lowered my nose anyway. There I found a thick aroma full of corn tortilla, light pepper notes and cracked wheat, but not much else. The carbonation felt appropriate on the first few tastes, but grew limpid later as I tried to reconcile the faint flavors with the mouthfeel. Soft overripe banana, a mid-taste shudder of hops and a light astringency delivered their flavor, and then hurried out the door, leaving almost no aftertaste, and no satisfaction. Admittedly, this was a bad beer, and it turned me off of Dry Dock. It was my first beer with them, and I had high expectations that this would be ideal for a summer board game session. It was only later when I took a trip to the brewery proper that I was able to recognize how good Dry Dock really is.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
puboflyons (2113) - Allenstown, New Hampshire, USA - SEP 6, 2012
From the 22 fl. oz. bottle. The pour was a hazy pale yellow with a large foamy white head and considerable carbonation. The nose pleasantly wheat-filled with banana and citrus zest. The body is light and smooth. The taste is a fine example of a Hefe with crisp wheat, yeast, banana and a low bitterness. I liked it.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Steve_0 (2575) - Denver, Colorado, USA - AUG 17, 2012
UPDATED: APR 5, 2013 On tap at Rackhouse with friends. Poured hazy orange in appearance with a fluffy white head and great lacing. Sweet bananas, biscuit, big bubblegum, lemon zest, biscuit, citrus, and wheat in the aroma. Taste is spice, banana, clove, yeasty, a touch of sweet malt, biscuit, hay, bubblegum, fresh melon, honeydew, melon peel, and dough. Medium body with high carbonation. Damn decent hefe and a lot better than I remember it. Nice stuff!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Thorpe429 (5012) - , Illinois, USA - JUL 24, 2012
On tap at Dry Dock. Hazy golden. Clove, wheat, banana, and a bit of bubblegum. Awesome.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Hophead22 (2880) - Redlands, by way of Wisconsin,, California, USA - JUN 22, 2012
22oz bottle. Rating #37. Hazy dark yellow pour. Sweet banana aroma, light spice. Mild flavor, more banana and wheat. Nice stuff, good drinker. (2406)

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
sonnycheeba (3453) - Federal Hill, Baltimore, Maryland, USA - MAY 31, 2012
Tap. Pours hazy, pale yellow with thick, fizzy white head; short retention and decent lacing. Aroma is bananas, herbs, straw malt, lemon, faint grassy hops, and biscuit malt. Flavor is malt forward with good supporting citrus esters and minimal hops; dry finish. Light body, medium carbonation, and low warmth.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Cwrw42 (26) - Denver, Colorado, USA - MAY 18, 2012
A good example of the style, my sample (bomber) was cloudy and had enough colour to it to suggest the presence of a little dark munich or crystal malt. He nose had the expected and desired banana and clove characters indicating that a true bavarian yeast was used. Mouth feel was appropriate, bready yet refreshing with a nice malt balance. Eminantly drinkable, easily passes the four pint test and one I will come back to. Great summer beer - would pair well with grilled fish, seafood and salads. Prost!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
peteinSD (1363) - San Diego, California, USA - MAY 7, 2012
Bottle from Scott - thanks! Clear, slightly glowing yellow pour with some haze and a large and frothy white head. Aroma is banana, clove, clean wheat, and a bit of underlying spice. Taste is clean banana/clove up front followed by light wheat and some spice (pepper? no. something else) into the finish. Light and spritzy mouthfeel. Nice hefe.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
ads135 (2890) - Lawrence, Kansas, USA - APR 22, 2012
Better than average hefe. Typical hefe, but less watery. Has hints of banana, spices, and, of course, wheat. Tried at the brewery on my way to New Mexico.