Dry Dock Topsail Tripel
     click to upload
overall

RATINGS: 23   MEAN: 3.23/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.13   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 30   EST. CALORIES: 264   ABV: 8.8%
Our Belgian-style Tripel is lightly colored with hints of peppery phenolic and fruity esters produced by the yeast during fermentation. The alcohol is balanced by a bit of residual sweetness.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Kevin (2070) - New Mexico, USA - NOV 25, 2006
tap at the brewery. this is better every time i get a glass. clear golden honey body with a thick white head. fresh floral sugar nose with some light pear, a touch of passion fruit and a \n earthy yeast aroma that i really like. really sweet flavor, that hides the high abv well. fruitiness is not one sided, the singed yeast and plum notes cover a lot here. drier than expected finish some strawberry and honey linger with a warmth that really gets me going. this is one i expect to rerate for a while. it has gotten better with each week that passes and i hope to have quite a few weeks to see this get better.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
JasonBMoore (22) - Denver, Colorado, USA - NOV 13, 2006
Elegant in appearance, this luminous light blond beer yields a copious, bubbly head that disappears quickly. The aroma has a wine-like blend of tart apples, pears, and mild yeast. The flavor is a bit suprising: bubblegum wheat notes along with the warmth of alcohol followed by strong vinegarish acidity. The body is wine-like as well: light and very dry. There is a slight lingering fruit flavor on the tongue. Blueberries?

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
EValP (30) - Colorado, USA - NOV 13, 2006
Thanks to Kevin D. for offering me and my pal Jason a splash of this new Triple in a Tulip for my tasting. He said they were proud of it and they should be.

Typical small white head receding to a ring presents this sparkling clear light yellow triple. Heavy hops with phonetic notes of perfume and pear and a clear smell of bubble gum, that eventually fades, fascinate me and lure me to drink. As I tip the glass towards me once again, I get a slight white wine feel with a dry texture hitting my tongue. Initially sweet and moderately bitter, this is a truly great triple Finishes just as it started and leaves an ever-so-slight metallic feel maybe due to the ABV.

Well done guys, although not a true abbey triple due to the lack of malt and yeast tones, this is a good and drinkable Belgian triple.