RATINGS: 129   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.35   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
A dominant blend of roasted malt, coconut, caramel, and chocolate essences, barely restrained by a gentle hop bite, that tantalizes your senses all the way through to a satisfying finish. Submit to the indulgence, but be warned…there is no safe word!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
ryecatcher (1057) - Bridgeport, Chicago, Illinois, USA - SEP 25, 2015
Bottle, via Heather (😊), who brought me a bottle of this on our most recent rendezvous in Perrysburg. Nose is coffee, coconut, vanilla, caramel, candy. Mouth is medium bodied, bittersweet (more bitter than sweet though), lots of toasted nutty character, coffee, buttery caramel, cocoa, a bit thin but still sold. Shout out to the woman who brought it to me: I love you baby. And this is easily my new favorite name for a beer. Just sayin.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Leafs93 (1915) - Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 24, 2015
Pours dark brown with a tan head. Aroma is roast, vanilla, dark chocolate and coconut. Taste is sweet with a light bitter bite. Medium bodied, slick with some stickiness on the finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
lobosaintori (50) - - SEP 14, 2015
My very first brown beer, and the first beer I have rated higher than 3.9. This is my favorite beer to date! Pours like a mug of root beer, great color and tan head. Aroma is also very alluring, sweet with scents of chocolate, coconut and peanut butter. its like opening a bottled candy store! The taste is just as pleasant like dipping a mounds bar into peanut butter. love the combination of chocolate, peanut butter and coconut. Nice palate with a smooth but full flavor. finishes nicely.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Ron (3101) - Rochester, New York, USA - SEP 4, 2015
Bottle I had my son grab for me while my hands were ful in a Ohio beer store. Glad we found this. Pours dark black with a medium creamy tan head that dissipates slowly with nice lacing. Aroma is chocolate, coconut, cinnamon, peanut butter. Flavor is light sweet, light bitter, lots of coconut and roasty notes. Some peanut butter present as well. Lighter body than expected but still good.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
jflopsu (857) - New Jersey, USA - AUG 21, 2015
Pours a dark black-brown. A sweet chocolate aroma with hints of coconut. A sweet unique taste with milk chocolate, caramel, and light coconut. A very unique beer with sweet taste.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
drsordr (1664) - Loveland, Ohio, USA - AUG 15, 2015
Draft to taster pour dark brown with minimal white head. Nose coconut, toffee, butterscotch. Taste caramel and coconut. Coconut lingers throughout. Sweet character mid palate. Coconut keeps going and going.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
Emeister84 (1640) - Charlottesville, Virginia, USA - AUG 13, 2015
Aromas of milk chocolate, caramel, subtle coconut. Mostly clear brown with a fairly lasting off-white head. Sweet, the taste profile is chocolate-covered caramel finishing with dried coconut. Medium bodied.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
jsquire (3794) - St. Marys, Ohio, USA - AUG 2, 2015
Deep amber color out of the bottle with a short khaki colored head. Nose of toasted coconut, vanilla and roasted grains. This is a great take on a potentially boring style. Caramel sweetness, dark toast, rich vanilla, milk chocolate and a great coconut addition. There is a hint of bitter coffee in the finish. I wish more people would play with coconut in beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
skmikeg (1402) - Cherry Hill, New Jersey, USA - AUG 2, 2015
Pour dark chesnut brown with a one finger tan head with nice lacing. Aroma is of toasted coconut, dark chocolate, sweet malts, caramel, vanilla, and light cofee. Taste is about the same as the aroma. Has a medium body with creamy mouthfeel and a mostly sweet, medium long finish. Overall,a pretty nice brown ale.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
fordest (2133) - Santee/San Diego, California, USA - JUL 28, 2015
Bottle at Patomac Grill in Old Harper’s Ferry. I’m not usually a fan of any brown ale. I have found a few I like this is one. That horrible brown ale flavor was well masked with hints of coconut. I’m sure the caramel was in there but I think brown ale has some of that anyway. Decent ale. I liked this one. Always a fan of Du Claw but don’t get it much out in California.