overall

RATINGS: 1237   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.56   IBU: 10   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
Deep golden color, and smooth, full-bodied taste with just a hint of honey on the palate.
Formerly JW Dundee’s Original Honey Brown Lager
10 IBU

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Aurelius (4376) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - JAN 15, 2002
I was ready to rake this over the coals, but it was tolerable. Toffee aroma. Light amber, not brown. Tangy, sweet. Fizzy with solid mouth. Sort of a cross between lager & an amber.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
labattblueleaf (225) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - JAN 12, 2002
I like this. Slightly sweet, but still bitter enough to make you think it’s a beer. One of my more favorite of the brown beers.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
omhper (19974) - Tyresö, SWEDEN - JAN 11, 2002
Not very bown. Not a lot of honey, even if I can probably taste a hint of it. Other that that it is just empty.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
GiddyBoy (117) - USA - JAN 10, 2002
Umm. Someone told this was a wonderful beer. Not only can I not taste the honey, but it reminds me of the typical ’yellow fizzy beers’ of typical Americana. I was not impressed. I think I need something stronger. Plus, I am not sure why this is called American Dark. It was not dark at all.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Gusler (2653) - Tucson, Arizona, USA - DEC 28, 2001
UPDATED: JAN 19, 2003 Nice deep unclouded amber color on the pour, the head is modest in size, beige in color, texture frothy, and lace adequate to cover the glass. Carmel apple sweet at the front, malt and fresh, a decent nose, start cloyingly sweet, top skeletal, finish, minimally acidic, hops scarce, dry aftertaste, drinkable but barely average, another reach for me.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
BillKismet (3360) - Seattle, Washington, USA - DEC 28, 2001
Nice honey color and taste. A Smooth drinkable beer--solid for most occasions and a fantastic budget buy.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
noer1 (109) - Massachusetts, USA - DEC 24, 2001
Suprisingly wonderful beer. We bought a twelve pack for 7$, well worth the money and some. The beer has a terrific oak and honey flavor with a hint of honey and a great aftertaste that leaves you wanting more. Great economical find!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Norton (329) - Southside, Richmond, Virginia, USA - DEC 19, 2001
UPDATED: AUG 8, 2003 Mmm. I really like this stuff. Not too bloaty, can really put 'em down! Tastes just the right amount of sweetness from the honey. Sort of intricate. If you ever get a chance to have this from the tap - DO IT! It is heavenly on tap! A crowd pleaser, no doubt.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
CaboWabo99 (24) - USA - DEC 13, 2001
I like this beer. It has a flavor that you can really distinguish from other beers. I could drink these all day.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
lagerman99 (66) - USA - DEC 6, 2001
Say what you want about this, it’s the beer that led me down the road to real beer drinking. I was at a frat party, swilling natty light and one hell of a woman was over to one side drinking bottles of these. Honey Brown was my initiation into a lot of beautiful things and so forvive me if my rating is a bit inflated out of respect for memory.