overall

RATINGS: 1236   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.56   IBU: 10   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
Deep golden color, and smooth, full-bodied taste with just a hint of honey on the palate.
Formerly JW Dundee’s Original Honey Brown Lager
10 IBU

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
krisfleet (130) - Sharon, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 1, 2002
The alcohol is not disguised at all in this brew. I beleive that is why there is no discernable honey taste to this at all. I can only taste hops and alcohol with a nasty aftertaste I can’t quite put my finger on.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
urbnhautebourg (997) - Annapolis, Maryland, USA - JUL 10, 2003
This is a bit sweeter than most American Darks, but definitely fits the style. Simply to much caramel to be refreshing or even desirable. I think I'd rather have a High Life than this, and certainly a Michelob Dark.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
sethdude (701) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - OCT 31, 2003
Not too thrilled about this one. Thank God I only paid $1 for the bomber. Pours a fizzy orange, no head retention, no lace, looks quite similar to carbonated apple juice. Smells like malts and lead shavings. Tastes like cheap malts, cheap sweetness that tastes empty, and not much like honey. I gots to say, this is pretty pathetic. I'm sure somebody gave it a 5, but that person ain't me. Slightly better than Natural Light and Busch.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
tbarnette (105) - Allen Park, Michigan, USA - MAR 20, 2005
I dont dislike lagers, just this one. This isn’t horribly bad, I mean, I’ve had worse.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
johnnypub (10) - California, USA - JUL 13, 2006
Light golden amber color with a small white head. Lots of carbonation. Smells like every other macro lager, except slightly better. Tastes like a macro with a tiny hint of honey. Taste is gone like that. Thin on the palate and nothing much in there. Don’t care for it at all.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
kp (10886) - Woodstock, Georgia, USA - SEP 1, 2007
Name: JW Dundee’s Honey Brown
Date: 01/01/1994
Mode: Bottle
Source: Three Dollar Cafe

light amber, headless, sweet malty aroma, light sweet malt flavor, simple, light bitterness

Aroma: 5/10; Appearance: 2/10; Flavor: 2/10; Palate: 2/10; Overall: 5/20
Rating: 1.4/5.0
Score: 4
-------- /> The score was calculated based upon the notes and an old scoring system.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 3/20
Malty_MacHops (640) - Eastanollee, Georgia, USA - JUN 17, 2012
Not great by any means. The nose is cereal grains with a touch of honey, but only noticeable if you were looking for it based on the bottle. The beer is light brown to amber with a very quickly fading fizzy head. The taste is grains with again the lightest perception of honey. Smooth and sweet in and light bodied beer. Nothing special.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
LiMuBai (179) - - JUL 4, 2013
First of all, I question why this is called brown lager. It’s barely brown. It has a taste shy better away from Budweiser . Overpriced and overrated.

1.3
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
CabinBoy (4) - Louisiana, USA - MAR 26, 2002 does not count
I bought a whole six pack of this stuff because I had never had one before. Needless to say I will never buy another one of these again. The whole sixer seemed to have an overwhelmingly sunky tase, which I did not enjoy. There are many more consistent honey lagers out there for you to try that are far superior.

1.3
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
TheRimmer (483) - Florida, USA - AUG 6, 2002
I taste neither brown nor honey...all i taste is a watered down, inexplicably horrific burden.