overall

RATINGS: 1231   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.56   IBU: 10   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
Deep golden color, and smooth, full-bodied taste with just a hint of honey on the palate.
Formerly JW Dundee’s Original Honey Brown Lager
10 IBU

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
sethdude (694) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - OCT 31, 2003
Not too thrilled about this one. Thank God I only paid $1 for the bomber. Pours a fizzy orange, no head retention, no lace, looks quite similar to carbonated apple juice. Smells like malts and lead shavings. Tastes like cheap malts, cheap sweetness that tastes empty, and not much like honey. I gots to say, this is pretty pathetic. I'm sure somebody gave it a 5, but that person ain't me. Slightly better than Natural Light and Busch.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
tbarnette (105) - Allen Park, Michigan, USA - MAR 20, 2005
I dont dislike lagers, just this one. This isn’t horribly bad, I mean, I’ve had worse.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
johnnypub (10) - California, USA - JUL 13, 2006
Light golden amber color with a small white head. Lots of carbonation. Smells like every other macro lager, except slightly better. Tastes like a macro with a tiny hint of honey. Taste is gone like that. Thin on the palate and nothing much in there. Don’t care for it at all.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
LiMuBai (167) - - JUL 4, 2013
First of all, I question why this is called brown lager. It’s barely brown. It has a taste shy better away from Budweiser . Overpriced and overrated.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
bhenry76 (101) - Landenberg, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 15, 2001
No sir, I don’t like it. Off-putting sweetness.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
VENOM (941) - Connecticut, USA - NOV 26, 2001
Clear light amber. Light head. Macro aroma. Crisp and clean. Honey? Uh...not quite. Corn syrup sweetness, minimal malts. Just nasty.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
CabinBoy (4) - Louisiana, USA - MAR 26, 2002 does not count
I bought a whole six pack of this stuff because I had never had one before. Needless to say I will never buy another one of these again. The whole sixer seemed to have an overwhelmingly sunky tase, which I did not enjoy. There are many more consistent honey lagers out there for you to try that are far superior.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
TheRimmer (483) - Florida, USA - AUG 6, 2002
I taste neither brown nor honey...all i taste is a watered down, inexplicably horrific burden.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
BeerPrince (1701) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - MAR 18, 2003
Beer was boring. Pour was poor and there was little head. There was only slight flavour (sugar) and the aftertaste was simply none existing. Beer seemed watery and hard to put down.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
foduck (330) - Denton, Texas, USA - MAY 2, 2003
Ugh. I don't feel like wasting my time describing this, but here I go. Amber color, small thin head, very weak honey aroma that is otherwise empty, bland flavor. Tiniest bit of maltiness present. This probably only sells because of the name. No real honey flavor. I hate this.