overall

RATINGS: 1233   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.56   IBU: 10   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
Deep golden color, and smooth, full-bodied taste with just a hint of honey on the palate.
Formerly JW Dundeeís Original Honey Brown Lager
10 IBU

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
brandonlee99 (31) - Wisconsin, USA - JUN 5, 2001
Very nice flavor and aroma

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
hankfrank99 (13) - USA - APR 21, 2002
definitely will buy this again. as far as lagers go the taste is good, and the honey adds another dimension to it. on top of that itís relatively inexpensive. scores.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
motoman (4) - USA - FEB 6, 2004 does not count
I love the flavor. It is aromatic and sensual. It is creamy and frothy. It is damn good and it is my beer of choice on this day and every day of every year.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
sanders1147 (18) - Florida, USA - JAN 8, 2013
This beer was a surprise. Even though the name is honey brown, I was pleasantly surprised. It had just the right amount of honey taste with a slightly bitter dark brown taste. Very nice.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
LTGDrews99 (9) - USA - APR 5, 2001 does not count
This beer has a pleasant sweet taste. Not an everyday beer, yet very good when you have a taste for it.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
kalisto9 (73) - Crafton, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 18, 2003
Surprised at the overall ratings for this one. I guess it might be too "weak" for some drinkers, but I find this to be very pleasant and enjoyable. It's not heavy on the honey, but it doesn't need to be. Overly sweet beers don't usually win me over, but this one strikes a nice balance. A favorite.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
run20six2 (119) - USA - MAR 4, 2004
Wow, what a great beer. Escpecially for how cheap it is, about $5 for a sixer. Pretty strong taste and full bodied

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Audio (18) - san diego, California, USA - APR 15, 2004
JW Dundees Honey Brown is what New Castle wishes it could be. This is like the Iced Tea of lager. Sweet, refreshing and tasty as hell.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
AlCoholic (1) - Springfield, Ohio, USA - MAY 20, 2005 does not count
Currently one of my favorite beers. While I enjoy an eclectic gathering of beers this beer is in a class all itís own. In fact I would step on motherís back, saggy boosums and all to get one ( when she gets out of prison). Well whoís kiddin who all beers are high on my favorites list, but this beer in particular stands out because it is the beer in my mouth.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Dacrza (516) - Great Meadows, New Jersey, USA - JUN 28, 2008
Generous two-finger pure white, frothy head sits on an effervescent honey-golden body head that simmers to a single finger... sweet honey scents couple with malts in a formidable yet inoffensive pairing that is somewhat distinctive... substantial palate, like an old-school lager, meant for weighty significance moreso than pure drinkability--and yet this could play both the serious actor as well as a party extra six-pack... versatile... malty in the back, honey up front, clove in the middle--the balance is unique and refreshing, like a liquid graham cracker (and I know that does NOT sound appetizing)... safe to say, this rating will well exceed the respect of the masses, but Dundeeís Honey Brown was my first beer love and though Iíve seen many others since 1997, I keep coming back to the sweet maltiness that I drank--sometimes warm to ward away roommates--during those wonderful college days... this was the beer in hand when I innocently talked to my future wife for the first time in Bill Hessís Tavernís basement, the beer I carried in a backpack at Bloomsburg block parties, and still the treat on humid summer nights like this one, inexpensive and casually impressive... Iím biased, but we are allowed one guilty pleasure on this site, i hope--it IS beer, after all