Dunn Plowman Golden Haze

(RETIRED)

Formerly brewed at Dunn Plowman
Style: Belgian White (Witbier)
Kington,, England
Serve in Tumbler, Weizen

RATINGS: 2   MEAN: 1.8/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.23   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Only available bottle conditioned.
Golden Haze is a refreshing wheat beer, with a subtle citrous flavour provided by orange and coriander.

0.8
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
JorisPPattyn (7716) - Antwerpen, BELGIUM - AUG 2, 2005
Slightly hazy orange beer, no head to speak of. OUCH! Smells like sewage water. When pouring the second half of the bottle, it is pure sewage - and worse. I cannot believe this is really meant to taste like it does. If any idea comes up, it’s the taste of the water I used to wash my water-colour brushes in as a child. This is beyond brewing faults. Something has completely gone wrong. Palate: well, I must confess 2 sips was all I dared. Hmmm. Judgement suspended, of course. Still, the marks stand, as this bottle ought have never hit the shelves.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
chriso (7344) - London, Greater London, ENGLAND - JUL 19, 2004
The name sums this beer up entirely accurately. Not very wheaty and I can’t say I noticed the coriander and orange too much either. However, it is a lemony and slightly tart, clean and crisp beer. Refreshing, and it does that perfectly well, but a little one dimensional. Not one of Dunn Plowman’s more interesting efforts. 500ml bottle (bottle conditioned) from orchard-hive-and-vine.co.uk. BBE 31 July 2004.