Dunwoodies American Brown Ale

RATINGS: 6   MEAN: 0.95/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.86   EST. CALORIES: 159   ABV: 5.3%
This Early American colonial ale uses oven-roasted flame-crystallized malt, a process very much like roasting coffee. Additional crystal malt is used to make up for the lighter color of fine American barleys. The hops used are fuggles, Willanette, and Brewer's Gold, of rootstock imported from England. The hopping process is done gradually to create the beautiful balance of flavors in this original AMERICAN ALE.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
Lou18 (1353) - West Paterson, New Jersey, USA - JAN 3, 2006
WARNING, Not one of the 12 GREATEST BREW! I have to sample all 12, as my wife got this for me and with her not liking ratebeer as it is, I want her to think she did good. The thought counts.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
JPDIPSO (4956) - Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, USA - FEB 25, 2004
A novel idea. "12 greatest beers of the world". But, no, let's make a batch of amber, bottle it and put different labels on it. OK, not quite true, but The differences between these beers, even though said to be different styles was scary. All would have done well in a amber ale competition.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
JoeM500 (1902) - Crown Point, Indiana, USA - APR 7, 2003
I detected alcohol in this one!!!! Yes, hidden behind wet dog aromas, dumpster juice palate, and incredibly bad looking glass full of urine-yellow "beer". I drank my glass full. You should all be proud of me. We passed a sample of this down to the end of the bar (we took our twelve pack to the bar for kicks- and sample with the bartender) and the sucker who tried it said, "this tastes like Guinness". He obviously works for the piss poor brewers at Gluek.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
21iceman40 (1731) - vienna, West Virginia, USA - JAN 25, 2003
Well, after tasting this I would have named it american brown shit. Shameless. This is yet another of the so called twelve greatest beers.

0.8
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
bluemeow76 (693) - Lewis Center, Ohio, USA - DEC 17, 2002
As with the rest of the beers from this sampler pack - this was terrible. A bright orange nut brown. Unbelievable. Tastes the same as all the other beers from this pack. It is very hard to discern between the scottish ale, the stout, the porter and the nut brown. They taste and look like almost the same beer. Crazy.

0.9
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
Dogbrick (7634) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - DEC 15, 2002
Part of the "12 Greatest Brews of the World" sampler pack found at my local Wal-Mart. I really wasn’t surprised that this beer was not brown after trying their Scottish Red Ale which was orange. This was orange too, with a thin off-white head. Barely any malt aroma. Flavor was nothing to write home about either, alternating between sour and lightly malty. Faintly nutty dry finish. Another loser.