overall
Brewed by Einbecker Brauhaus
Style: Pilsener
Einbeck, Germany

RATINGS: 232   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.9/5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
Einbecker Brauherren Pils is the slightly tangy Premium-Pils-specialty from Einbecker Brauhaus AG, which is highly regarded by both Pils lovers and real connoisseurs. The unique Einbecker-bottle stands out among other beers on the market, especially with over 600 years of Einbecker experience in the art of brewing fine beers behind it.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Drew (2411) - Kent, Ohio, USA - SEP 4, 2003
I've got to say that I was nearly blown away by this unexpected delight. Crystal clear and gold, into my glass with a great head, but minimal lacing. The best thing about this was the palate - I was expecting thin, but what I got was so thick, rich and creamy - the malts were bready and only slightly sweet. Hop presence was moderate - a bit of pepper and a nice dry finish. I ended up steaming some chicken sausage in some of this - great!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
MaiBockAddict (1497) - Good Beer Bar Deprived, New Jersey, USA - SEP 2, 2003
Had this on tap @ the Man of Kent Pub in Hoosic NY. Was a fresh keg. Good fresh hop aroma. Flavor had a slight metallic off note, but other than that, excellent. Very good find if you can get it fresh.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
kmeves (1098) - Mount Pleasant, Wisconsin, USA - JAN 13, 2003
Clear golden color, minimal head, strong flowery (skunky, beware the green bottle!) aroma, full-bodied Pils, nice bitterness. Finish is dry. Decent Pils.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
austinpowers (2826) - New York, New York, USA - DEC 25, 2002
UPDATED: JUN 19, 2003 Ugh. Blonde in color with nice head, but that's where the compliments end. Crisp and a bit bitter with some metallic/medicinal flavors. Great yeasty aroma, though.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
BillKismet (3739) - Seattle, Washington, USA - NOV 28, 2002
Blonde-gold in color with a large creamy and frothy head that eventually breaks up into rather unappealing chunky islands. A funneled pilsner aroma with a feint malt presence and a flavor that is a tad skunky with some malting as well give this beer some depth. It is an okay german pilsner--but as my rating should attest, I think little of this style.

1.1
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
Bronstein (175) - Göttingen, GERMANY - NOV 17, 2002
Nothing but bitterness. Nearly impossible to get rid of that nasty taste. Nice to look at, though.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Sigmund (6285) - Tau, NORWAY - SEP 24, 2002
(Sampled bottle): Lovely hoppy aroma (Saazer and Hallertau?), moderate head, distinct bitterness but not unpleasant (and I’m not a hardcore hophead), very refeshing. I’m sure it’s even better on tap. A decent pils!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
urbnhautebourg (997) - Annapolis, Maryland, USA - AUG 20, 2002
UPDATED: AUG 1, 2003 Update: The first time I bought this one, I thought it was a little thin and a bit grainy, but somehow enormously drinkable (I finished a six over conversation with my father). It led me to believe that Pils in the more austere Rheinland style was perhaps better than I thought. Having always admired the Einbecker Maibock, I was shocked upon later purchases to find that the Pils weren't nere so grainy as I first thought--actually, there's a ton of sweet pale malt here, followed by flowery hops, then a really substantial hop bite to end it. I was astonished by how much the malt profile resembled the Maibock, though this one had a tiny bit of DMS (a bad flavor, perfectly placed here). Wow. What a tremendous Pils. Old: This is the pils that has made me reconsider the style. I have always thought of pils as a bit too austere, and in keeping with its North German heritage, a bit S&M--teasing and hinting at what it has and what it won't give you. This Saxon pils is certainly austere: very hoppy with light malt and a grainy/hoppy finish. But it is really something special.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
YogiBeera (2558) - New Jersey, USA - AUG 3, 2002
Hoppy, grassy aroma - a little bit skunky. Yellow with a small head. It is hoppy but weak with a light bitter finish. I enjoyed it a lot while reading the ’Weekly World News’ finding out, that ’Mexican Crater hides spacealien city’

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Bov (11500) - Bienne, SWITZERLAND - JUL 23, 2002
clear golden colour, fine head, strong herbal aroma, full-bodied with a long dry bitterness