EKU Echt Kulmbacher Rubin

(RETIRED)

Formerly brewed at Kulmbacher Brauerei (Schörghuber)
Style: Dunkel/Tmavý
Kulmbach, Germany

RATINGS: 5   MEAN: 3.26/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.13   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 15/20
Plovmand (6483) - Helsinge, DENMARK - JUL 21, 2008
1989 vintage bottle at Kulminator, Antwerp. Pours dark amber with a small bubbly head. Malts and dark fruits like raisins and prunes in aroma and taste. Its very cellar like with the earthy and dusty feeling about it. Was fun to taste as this was the very last bottle at Kulminator.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
yngwie (13562) - Kristiansand, NORWAY - AUG 1, 2006
Bottled. (1989 vintage from Kulminator) Dark copper-colored and clear, with no head. Some sediments in the bottom. Probably over the top, with lots of cellar in the aroma, but behind it, and what I based my rating on, is sugar, malt and caramel. Vinous flavor with berries and roasted malt and a thin body. Would definately not have refused to sample it one more time. (060714)

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
biz82 (1328) - austin, Texas, USA - JUN 16, 2005
Years ago we had this on draught at my bar. I found a bottle at a convience store 6 blocks from my house. The Korean owner says it is two years old but I think it is much older. Pours a deep clear red with a great number of floaters and a creamy tan head. Roasted malt and raisen aroma. Quite oxidized and tart with a multi-vitamin flavor. Not surprisingly, it hasn’t held up too well. I rember it being like a cross between a Dopplebock and an Alt. My rating is of this bottle which is not representative.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
pilsnerrogge (2498) - Finspång, SWEDEN - JUN 3, 2002
Ruby-coloured with smooth roasted flavours.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20