El Diablo Super Strong Brew Beer

Brewed by Bali Hai Brewery
Style: Strong Pale Lager/Imperial Pils
Tambun-Bekasi, West Java, Indonesia

RATINGS: 2   MEAN: 1.45/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.43   EST. CALORIES: 360   ABV: 12%
El Diablo is a high-quality beer with a medium-high grade produced by PT. BREWERY INDONESIA BALI HAI.

0.8
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
Jimthechap (1482) - Christchurch, NEW ZEALAND - JAN 30, 2013
Ah, there are some things in life that just scream danger. Red frogs, Susan Boyle, 12% Indonesian lager. I undertake this rating in the name of science. Science ought to look after me tomorrow if I have to see a doctor. Goldish colour with no head and plentiful carbonation. I might add that I have had this in the cupboard for six months, but not out of any intention to age this beer. I may have done it some good... I doubt it. Oooh, that’s a smell I wish I hadn’t sniffed. Chemicals and beer. Oh dear. I am afraid that I must award the very minimal for this brew. Armani Code it is not. Prickly carbonation in the mouth, sweet malt... but is it malt? Just sweet and sweet. Not good. Beer for vagrants and I have to say, if I was homeless, my wife had left me and I was faced with imminent death and had no money, I would drink it too. Euhh. One of the least pleasant beers I have ever drunk. Sorry, the worst beer I have ever drunk.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
ALLOVATE (2281) - Perth, AUSTRALIA - JAN 21, 2013
Sunny amber with slow to rise bubbles and no head. Boozy, tinny, cat urine and leavened bread dough in the relatively soft, malt and corn riddled nose. Typically Euro-strong lager in flavour. Stale hops, sugary sweet and residually so with a toasty, toffee brittle mid-palate and a medicinal, deeply warming finish. Body builds as it warms but so does the sugar content giving off a Golden syrup tang. Really kicks like a mule now so needs to be kept chilled to quaff. I don’t get why they brew this, but hey another Euro-strong along the line of the classics like Skol and Carlsberg Special Brew. Feel drunk now!! (50cL can, BBE 11/13, Cellarbrations Carlisle)