Brewed by Bali Hai Brewery
Style: Imperial Pils/Strong Pale Lager
Tambun-Bekasi, West Java, Indonesia

RATINGS: 11   MEAN: 1.86/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.15/5   EST. CALORIES: 360   ABV: 12%
El Diablo is a high-quality beer with a medium-high grade produced by PT. BREWERY INDONESIA BALI HAI.

Jimthechap's rating

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
Jimthechap (2064) - Christchurch, - JAN 30, 2013
Ah, there are some things in life that just scream danger. Red frogs, Susan Boyle, 12% Indonesian lager. I undertake this rating in the name of science. Science ought to look after me tomorrow if I have to see a doctor. Goldish colour with no head and plentiful carbonation. I might add that I have had this in the cupboard for six months, but not out of any intention to age this beer. I may have done it some good... I doubt it. Oooh, that’s a smell I wish I hadn’t sniffed. Chemicals and beer. Oh dear. I am afraid that I must award the very minimal for this brew. Armani Code it is not. Prickly carbonation in the mouth, sweet malt... but is it malt? Just sweet and sweet. Not good. Beer for vagrants and I have to say, if I was homeless, my wife had left me and I was faced with imminent death and had no money, I would drink it too. Euhh. One of the least pleasant beers I have ever drunk. Sorry, the worst beer I have ever drunk.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
subcell (96) - Portsmouth, Virginia, USA - APR 25, 2015
This should be called Wicked Strong Ale because it is wicked. The nose is like boozy cider and the flavor profile is that of a Pilsner, Cider, and Malt beverage such as Crazy Horse or Old English. It is also very sweet, not much hop profile at all. Hop heads steer clear and grab your favorite triple IPA! Those looking to get smashed without regard to flavor, this is your brew!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 8/20
njbenz (4) - PHILIPPINES - SEP 12, 2014 does not count
Decent strong beer ..................................................

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
dEnk (4199) - Den Haag, NETHERLANDS - JUL 19, 2014
Bottle @ tasting. Aroma is grain, alcohol, malt. Flavour is cardboard grain with alcohol. Really bad.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
JulienHuxley (4632) - Trois-Rivičres, Quebec, CANADA - JUN 21, 2014
Can at DTE tasting. Clear gold pour with white head. Aroma is sickly, strong fruity alcohol notes, paint thinner, plastic. Taste is super boozy, fruity, solventy flavors. Palate is all about burn. That being said, its almost drinkable as in it doesn’t really have faults except for the fact that it is a terrible idea.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
jmgreenuk (6189) - Kuala Lumpur, MALAYSIA - JUN 20, 2014
Bottle from an avond winkel in Kuala Lumpur. Poured a clear straw colour with a round white head. The aroma is malt alcohol. The flavour is medium to strong bitter with a strong alcoholic malt bitter palate. Truly awful.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Benzai (11307) - Oirschot, THE NETHERLANDS, NETHERLANDS - JUN 20, 2014
Bottle @ DTE tasting shared by jmgreenuk. Clear golden color, small off-white head. Don’t get anything in the aroma. Taste malts, plastic, weird stuff and meh. Pretty crappy.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
kermis (8062) - The Hague, NETHERLANDS - JUN 20, 2014
Bottle shared at the DTE tasting thanks to Jmgreenuk. Pours clear golden with a cream head. Aroma of garbage, plastic and malt. Flavour is moderate sweet and light moderate bitter. Light bodied with moderate carbonation. Disgusting, too strong, worthless horrible shit.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
deanso (7173) - the Hague, NETHERLANDS - JUN 20, 2014
50cl can @THT courtesy of JMGreenUK Very thin white head. Clear golden pour. Lots of alcohol. Thin bodied but not as bad as I was expecting

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
sic1314 (4776) - Leiden, NETHERLANDS - JUN 20, 2014
Poured light amber with a small off white ring. Aroma of chemical sweetness. Medium to full body, flavour as the aroma.