overall
Brewed by Bali Hai Brewery
Style: Strong Pale Lager/Imperial Pils
Tambun-Bekasi, West Java, Indonesia

RATINGS: 10   MEAN: 1.77/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.17   EST. CALORIES: 360   ABV: 12%
El Diablo is a high-quality beer with a medium-high grade produced by PT. BREWERY INDONESIA BALI HAI.

Jimthechap's rating

0.8
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
Jimthechap (1650) - Christchurch, - JAN 30, 2013
Ah, there are some things in life that just scream danger. Red frogs, Susan Boyle, 12% Indonesian lager. I undertake this rating in the name of science. Science ought to look after me tomorrow if I have to see a doctor. Goldish colour with no head and plentiful carbonation. I might add that I have had this in the cupboard for six months, but not out of any intention to age this beer. I may have done it some good... I doubt it. Oooh, thatís a smell I wish I hadnít sniffed. Chemicals and beer. Oh dear. I am afraid that I must award the very minimal for this brew. Armani Code it is not. Prickly carbonation in the mouth, sweet malt... but is it malt? Just sweet and sweet. Not good. Beer for vagrants and I have to say, if I was homeless, my wife had left me and I was faced with imminent death and had no money, I would drink it too. Euhh. One of the least pleasant beers I have ever drunk. Sorry, the worst beer I have ever drunk.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 8/20
njbenz (4) - PHILIPPINES - SEP 12, 2014 does not count
Decent strong beer ..................................................

1.1
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
dEnk (3803) - Den Haag, NETHERLANDS - JUL 19, 2014
Bottle @ tasting. Aroma is grain, alcohol, malt. Flavour is cardboard grain with alcohol. Really bad.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
JulienHuxley (3046) - Hilversum, NETHERLANDS - JUN 21, 2014
Can at DTE tasting. Clear gold pour with white head. Aroma is sickly, strong fruity alcohol notes, paint thinner, plastic. Taste is super boozy, fruity, solventy flavors. Palate is all about burn. That being said, its almost drinkable as in it doesnít really have faults except for the fact that it is a terrible idea.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
jmgreenuk (4337) - The Hague, NETHERLANDS - JUN 20, 2014
Bottle from an avond winkel in Kuala Lumpur. Poured a clear straw colour with a round white head. The aroma is malt alcohol. The flavour is medium to strong bitter with a strong alcoholic malt bitter palate. Truly awful.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Benzai (8224) - Oirschot, THE NETHERLANDS, NETHERLANDS - JUN 20, 2014
Bottle @ DTE tasting shared by jmgreenuk. Clear golden color, small off-white head. Donít get anything in the aroma. Taste malts, plastic, weird stuff and meh. Pretty crappy.

0.8
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
kermis (5055) - The Hague, NETHERLANDS - JUN 20, 2014
Bottle shared at the DTE tasting thanks to Jmgreenuk. Pours clear golden with a cream head. Aroma of garbage, plastic and malt. Flavour is moderate sweet and light moderate bitter. Light bodied with moderate carbonation. Disgusting, too strong, worthless horrible shit.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
deanso (5250) - the Hague, NETHERLANDS - JUN 20, 2014
50cl can @THT courtesy of JMGreenUK Very thin white head. Clear golden pour. Lots of alcohol. Thin bodied but not as bad as I was expecting

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
sic1314 (3286) - Leiden, NETHERLANDS - JUN 20, 2014
Poured light amber with a small off white ring. Aroma of chemical sweetness. Medium to full body, flavour as the aroma.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
ALLOVATE (2408) - Perth, AUSTRALIA - JAN 21, 2013
Sunny amber with slow to rise bubbles and no head. Boozy, tinny, cat urine and leavened bread dough in the relatively soft, malt and corn riddled nose. Typically Euro-strong lager in flavour. Stale hops, sugary sweet and residually so with a toasty, toffee brittle mid-palate and a medicinal, deeply warming finish. Body builds as it warms but so does the sugar content giving off a Golden syrup tang. Really kicks like a mule now so needs to be kept chilled to quaff. I donít get why they brew this, but hey another Euro-strong along the line of the classics like Skol and Carlsberg Special Brew. Feel drunk now!! (50cL can, BBE 11/13, Cellarbrations Carlisle)