Ellis Island Hells Bells Pale Ale

RATINGS: 4   MEAN: 2.72/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.74   SEASONAL: Winter   ABV: -

Bartzilla's rating

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
Bartzilla (529) - San Diego, California, USA - JUN 28, 2010
My gal and I were looking for some more sedate tables after fighting the hordes of tourists at Ballys. So, I hear thereís a brewery and card room just around the 100 degree heat. We go there and I try this Pale Ale. Not bad. Itís definitely a pale ale. Itís ice cod and definitely fresh. The brewery-proper is closed, but this beer is good. Maybe yesterdayís batch? All in all... a nice pale ale and I won back the $140 I lost at Ballys. Honest dealers, honest beers.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
kmeves (1098) - Mount Pleasant, Wisconsin, USA - MAY 14, 2008
Pours an amber pale with a smallish head. Aroma small sweet caramel and some citrus. Flavor is very light caramel, grain and grapefruit. Very thin bodied, thin palate. Finishes short and a bit dry.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 9/20
Andrew196 (1091) - Katy, Texas, USA - NOV 12, 2002
This stuff was tolerable by Ellis island standards. Sorta sweet with a decent malt taste. I just couldnt figure out why my glass was so goddamn sticky on the outside. maybe it was that bartender....I think what I said at the time is that if she had 6 more teeth and 20 fewer years whe may have been cute.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
AceOfHearts (1374) - Mountain View, California, USA - NOV 9, 2002
Iím thinking that this is supposed to be a pale ale. Some moderate hoppiness, slight peach taste toward the finish which quickly degrades into unpleasantness. Fuckiní andrew196 just had to remind me that this was my #500...I didnít mean for it to happen this way. I canít imagine a much more unspecial beer for #500, but Coors Light was almost #400 for me, so I guess itís not so bad.