Elm City Roggenbier

Serve in Shaker, Tumbler

RATINGS: 6   MEAN: 3.37/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.05   ABV: -

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
jcwattsrugger (11083) - Florida and, New Jersey, USA - DEC 9, 2011
on tap-pours an off white head and amber color. Aroma is medium malt-bready, orange. Taste is clove, rye, medium malt-bready, secondary orange/herbal hops.

johnnnniee (2312) - Bedford, New Hampshire, USA - AUG 6, 2011
On tap at the brewpub. I was quite surprised to see this on the menu today, thought I’d never tick this style. Pours a cloudy murky brownish amber color without much of a head even when coaxed. Smell is tart and spicy with aromas of brown bread fennel and caraway seed. Interesting nose! Taste is tart and spicy like rye toast. There is a malty sweetness that tries, but barely balances the spice coming from the tart rye malt. Lively amount of carbonation, medium body with a tart watery mouthfeel. I can’t really say if this is a good example of a roggenbier because its the first I’ve ever seen. I will say that on this 80 degree day sitting outside with my family, I enjoyed the hell out of this beer. As for roggenbier, I need to try more examples.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
changeup45 (1717) - Mount Dora, Florida, USA - APR 11, 2008
Another rather average beer from Elm City. Copper colored with a medium head and a little bit of lace on the glass. The taste is spicey and vanilla at first then turns to a long lasting bitter, sour finish. Vanilla is definitely the dominant taste and smell, but the spices are mixed in pretty well. I didn’t like this beer but seemed to be a decent effort at a German Wheat

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
MaBeer1972 (1318) - Taunton, Massachusetts, USA - JUL 11, 2006
On tap at Elm City. I wasn’t sure what to expect at first - but I was wonderfully surprised. Light and foamy - complex flavors. Refreshing though. Grabbed a growler for the ride home. I think this should be in it’s own category.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
dirtymike (2016) - Manchester, New Hampshire, USA - AUG 31, 2005
Light amber in color with a small white head. Aroma is spicy and very bready. Flavors of fruit,spice,herbal characterisitcs, toasted malt/bready with a dry spicy hop finish.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
beerbuzzmontreal (3490) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - AUG 7, 2005
Cloudy dark amber pour with a thin white head. Mild aroma and flavor of rye with sweetness.