overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip

RATINGS: 1358   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.92   SEASONAL: Winter   IBU: 63   EST. CALORIES: 235   ABV: 7.85%
AKA Holiday Ale
AKA Holiday Leftover Ale
AKA Brown Sugar Substitute

VertBaconStrips' rating

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
VertBaconStrips (2150) - Asshat, Alberta, - OCT 9, 2012
Remember back in the day when you would fall down the basement stairs drunk as shit at 4AM and be 100% convinced that you never woke your parents? Well, I just fell down the stairs and once again I am 100% convinced that they never heard because they live 30km away - still got the magic!

I feel great knowing that I pretty much bought the entire city supply and drank it all to myself - E-town crew loves me for this and so do I. Drink 72 beers and barely saved one for review because it was so god damn good. Make that 2 - I just drank the last surviving bottle on Earth that I left hanging around for my own funny time reminder. And yea, it still was AWESOME. So awesome. Rare beer does taste better! LOL. Rating goes back to early December 2011 and its just short notes as it was pretty much impossible to review this as it was just pure joy to drink it... even as I drained the entire city’s supply solo. tung: Piles of citrus - citrus that tears apart my mind on every freaking sip - oranges, rrgf, pine, grapefruit rind, cherry, floral greatness remeniscent ... how the hell is that spelt? - of fresh cut flowers, slight grain, honey, apricot, secretions of only the most heavenly of creatures, tropical fruits and soft malts. This beer has absolutely everything I want to smell. Hours... hours have been spent smelling this brewed treasure. Tasty bits: Aside from the outlandish amount of hops and citrus, sweetness and thickness there is a fuckload of malt backing this monster. Sweetness abounds. Pineapple flops around, pine goodness, peaches, lemon, mild caramel, something that might be spearmint, grapefruit, unique malt base darker than it normally is, orange, pepper, resin, light dose of brown sugar for the sweet base, aaaaaa soooo good! medium body that is supported both by the hop thickness and the healthy structure of yummo malts. Perfection. Find me another ASA that beats this and I will marry your daughter that resembles an ugly donkey.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
jehoesefat (321) - Poway, California, USA - APR 24, 2015
Piney hop aroma. Pours clear orange with a thin white head. Smooth up front with a long bitter finish.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
finn1918 (217) - Georgia, USA - APR 23, 2015
32oz bottle for $6.99. Pours a clear dark gold with a decent fluffy white head. Aroma is straight up pine/floral hops. Taste is hop forward with a bit of a malt backbone. Dry, bitter finish with a bit of a kick from the alcohol. Big, thick mouthfeel. If you were to call this an imperial IPA, I would not disagree with you. Once again, Lagunitas delivers a kick ass ale for a very reasonable price.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
djaquay (136) - Ephrata, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 20, 2015
Hoppy, medium off white head under a clear amber pour, very nice balance, impressive

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Fakdaddy (26) - - APR 11, 2015
I'm at a time when you are possible for a long way in hell of an old lady at my job to be able the first place I ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Nsanders (661) - St Paul, Minnesota, USA - APR 10, 2015
Tap at Pizza Luce. Amber colored with a thin white cap. Light pine aroma with alcohol, malty and light rye notes. Moderate sweetness with a piney bitter finish. Body is heavier with a soapy feel.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
rdixon77 (1403) - Georgia, USA - APR 9, 2015
Old rating. Big sweet, floral beer. Gold amber. Big citrus, grapefruit and piney hops over a spicy malt backbone. Some sweetness.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
ChrisSc (372) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - APR 7, 2015
12oz bottle into tulip. Minneapolis. Pours golden-copper in color. A little hazy. Nice white head. Aroma is sweet and malty. Fruity apple. Floral Hops. Taste is mostly sweet. Somewhat bitter too, but it’s underwhelming. Body is medium. Soft carbonation. Medium finish. Decent, but not amazing.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
CopterScott (177) - Kansas, USA - APR 3, 2015
dark gold color with a thin off-white head. Aroma is grapefruit, pine, and grain. Flavor is grapefruit, pine, grain, and bread.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
murran (303) - - APR 1, 2015
Pours an amber body with a medium head. Flowery aroma of hops. Very nice and sweet taste. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
JakePlissken (32) - SWEDEN - MAR 27, 2015
Drucken på flaska. Orange, lite grumlig med fin krona. Luktar torkad frukt, apelsin och bröd. Smakar fantastiskt gott, härlig humle med fin maltsmak. Lättdrucken, men ändå trevligt sällskap hela kvällen.