overall

AKA Brown Sugar Substitute

VertBaconStrips' rating

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
VertBaconStrips (2179) - Asshat, Alberta, - OCT 9, 2012
Remember back in the day when you would fall down the basement stairs drunk as shit at 4AM and be 100% convinced that you never woke your parents? Well, I just fell down the stairs and once again I am 100% convinced that they never heard because they live 30km away - still got the magic!

I feel great knowing that I pretty much bought the entire city supply and drank it all to myself - E-town crew loves me for this and so do I. Drink 72 beers and barely saved one for review because it was so god damn good. Make that 2 - I just drank the last surviving bottle on Earth that I left hanging around for my own funny time reminder. And yea, it still was AWESOME. So awesome. Rare beer does taste better! LOL. Rating goes back to early December 2011 and its just short notes as it was pretty much impossible to review this as it was just pure joy to drink it... even as I drained the entire city’s supply solo. tung: Piles of citrus - citrus that tears apart my mind on every freaking sip - oranges, rrgf, pine, grapefruit rind, cherry, floral greatness remeniscent ... how the hell is that spelt? - of fresh cut flowers, slight grain, honey, apricot, secretions of only the most heavenly of creatures, tropical fruits and soft malts. This beer has absolutely everything I want to smell. Hours... hours have been spent smelling this brewed treasure. Tasty bits: Aside from the outlandish amount of hops and citrus, sweetness and thickness there is a fuckload of malt backing this monster. Sweetness abounds. Pineapple flops around, pine goodness, peaches, lemon, mild caramel, something that might be spearmint, grapefruit, unique malt base darker than it normally is, orange, pepper, resin, light dose of brown sugar for the sweet base, aaaaaa soooo good! medium body that is supported both by the hop thickness and the healthy structure of yummo malts. Perfection. Find me another ASA that beats this and I will marry your daughter that resembles an ugly donkey.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
ljthiessen (727) - Winnipeg, Manitoba, CANADA - JUL 28, 2015
Bottle. Lightly cloudy golden amber pour with a pillowy white head. I had no idea what to expect here, but it smells like a delicious IPA - lots of bright citrus with some sweet fruit notes underneath. Flavour is fairly sweet, bright citrus and pine, resin notes and tropical fruit. Pretty nice.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
euniceradio (178) - Colton, California, USA - JUL 26, 2015
32oz bottle to tulip. Pours clear gold, white frothy head. Aroma of candied fruit, pine, citrus and malts. Taste is same. Finish is slightly citrus bitter....lots of toffee, caramel and some brown sugar. Pretty complex, deliciously sweet...yet balanced.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Reimer96 (1513) - Alberta, CANADA - JUL 26, 2015
Pours a clear orangish gold with a small white head. Aroma of cat piss(assuming the delicious Simcoe hops), citrus, pine, grapefruit and sweet pale malts. Taste is grapefruit, citrus fruits, light pine and some sweet pale malts. Malty sweetness is balanced perfectly with the bitterness from the hops that ends in the finish and finishes semi dry. Cray to think an 8 percent beer can be this smooth.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
spilledpint (351) - Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA - JUL 25, 2015
Back on the train of beer-rating. 12 oz. bottle. Pours a largely translucent light copper with a small off-white head and a bit of lace. Aroma is mild citrus, pine. Moderately sweet with a steady bitterness on the finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
BeerInHeaven (256) - Brillion, Wisconsin, USA - JUL 24, 2015
pours a rich clear gold with a medium off white head. Aroma is grapefruit citrus and pine. taste is hoppy citrus and quickly turns good bitter. thick resinous mouth feel. Long semi-bitter finish with a nice nasal linger. Good beer!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
leaparsons (8837) - Leicester, Leicestershire, ENGLAND - JUL 24, 2015
Keg, The Criterion, Leicester. Hazy golden with a white head. Caramel and wheat with mango, pineapple and grapefruit. Juicy with leafy pine bitterness. Some underlying brown sugar sweetness with a bready palate. Peppery, warming, nutty booze

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
G_Ram9 (46) - - JUL 19, 2015
Not too shabby as a sub to brown shugga. This beer is a smooth sippa with a subtle sweetness and a nice finish. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
mrjez (67) - Osaka, JAPAN - JUL 18, 2015
Bottle at TNT Taisho. L: pours an unassuming light clear gold. S: killer nose. Big fruit notes, passionfruit, mango, pine, it’s bright and the hop aromas are immense. T: very tasty. The same fruits come through, some grassiness, and touch of malt. F: so smooth, a wonderful balance of bitterness. O: beers like this, Sculpin, and Ruination 2.0 are blowing me away continuously. Bright, balanced, fruity and floral qualities up with the hoppy pine, dangerously easy to drink.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
ChiGuy68 (449) - Illinois, USA - JUL 17, 2015
Tasted from a 12 oz. bottle. It poured a mostly clear golden-amber hue with a frothy off-white head and abundant lacing. Deliciously fruity aroma of peach, pineapple and hops. The hop & fruit taste is built upon a solid malt base. Tasty with a nice bitter finish.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Bricktop86 (641) - Moore, Oklahoma, USA - JUL 17, 2015
Pours hazy copper with a white head. Aroma is citrus, tropical fruit and sweet caramel. Taste follows nose