overall

AKA Brown Sugar Substitute

VertBaconStrips' rating

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
VertBaconStrips (2163) - Asshat, Alberta, - OCT 9, 2012
Remember back in the day when you would fall down the basement stairs drunk as shit at 4AM and be 100% convinced that you never woke your parents? Well, I just fell down the stairs and once again I am 100% convinced that they never heard because they live 30km away - still got the magic!

I feel great knowing that I pretty much bought the entire city supply and drank it all to myself - E-town crew loves me for this and so do I. Drink 72 beers and barely saved one for review because it was so god damn good. Make that 2 - I just drank the last surviving bottle on Earth that I left hanging around for my own funny time reminder. And yea, it still was AWESOME. So awesome. Rare beer does taste better! LOL. Rating goes back to early December 2011 and its just short notes as it was pretty much impossible to review this as it was just pure joy to drink it... even as I drained the entire city’s supply solo. tung: Piles of citrus - citrus that tears apart my mind on every freaking sip - oranges, rrgf, pine, grapefruit rind, cherry, floral greatness remeniscent ... how the hell is that spelt? - of fresh cut flowers, slight grain, honey, apricot, secretions of only the most heavenly of creatures, tropical fruits and soft malts. This beer has absolutely everything I want to smell. Hours... hours have been spent smelling this brewed treasure. Tasty bits: Aside from the outlandish amount of hops and citrus, sweetness and thickness there is a fuckload of malt backing this monster. Sweetness abounds. Pineapple flops around, pine goodness, peaches, lemon, mild caramel, something that might be spearmint, grapefruit, unique malt base darker than it normally is, orange, pepper, resin, light dose of brown sugar for the sweet base, aaaaaa soooo good! medium body that is supported both by the hop thickness and the healthy structure of yummo malts. Perfection. Find me another ASA that beats this and I will marry your daughter that resembles an ugly donkey.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
ttoadee (917) - Austin, Texas, USA - JUN 29, 2015
Medium gold pour, 2 finger meringue "substitutes" for a head, leaving some decent lace. Nose is steady, but not overpowering, pine cones. Bitter, with a serious objection from malt. Middle starts light caramel, alcohol shows itself, mango, papaya (green) and sweet malt come together. Finish drips pine resin...for awhile. WOW!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
Mehinaman (7) - Washington, USA - JUN 27, 2015 does not count
One of if not my favorite of the beers I tried for the first time this year. The sweetness of the beer is subtle, but it’s there and makes this a delicious beer. It’s especially great on a hot day and it has become one of the regulars in my fridge

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
JonMoore (2007) - Loughborough, Leicestershire, ENGLAND - JUN 22, 2015
Draught at The Euston Tap, London. Golden amber with slim white head. Aroma of fresh citrusy, juicy fruity hops. Lots of citrusy hops in the taste, orange peel, pine. Medium to full bodied, moderate carbonation, long and big bitter finish. Very good.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Poolieo (37) - Washington, USA - JUN 21, 2015
Funny premise. It's a good medium body almost IPA. I know they made it in 2011 so it has aged well. Also comes in a fun 1 quart size. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Austin_Ripper (42) - Iowa, USA - JUN 20, 2015
Smells slightly sweet and a little grassy from the hops, pours a gold color with a small nice white head, taste is sweet with a bit of a bitter bite at the end of it. The only thing that sucks about this beer is I don’t have any more of it.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
SinH4 (919) - SWITZERLAND - JUN 19, 2015
Hazy golden color with small white head. Aroma is hoppy, piney, malty, sweet. Taste is soothingly sweet, good malt body, pines, moderately bitter. Good beer, good complexity.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
Scoobyluvshub (33) - North Carolina, USA - JUN 16, 2015
32 oz bottle. Poured golden with light white head. Aroma was of fruity hops. Taste was citrus, orange peel, floral, pine, pale malts. Goes down pretty nicely, not too much alcohol in the taste.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Criz (206) - - JUN 13, 2015
Draft after drinking a Lagunitas IPA. Taste is eerily similar. Pours a thick golden color. Aromas of cutrus, heavy floral, and dank. Flavored line up the same. Medium carbonation, medium high hopped, bitter dry finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
delnoche (477) - Alamogordo, New Mexico, USA - JUN 12, 2015
12fl oz bottle poured into a Samuel Adams Perfect Pint. Sparkling gold with a tall fluffy white head. Aroma is flowery hops. Flavor is pretty hoppy, fruity, and delicious but finishes with a mustiness that isn't entirely pleasant. Overall, not bad. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
emusche (47) - Wisconsin, USA - JUN 12, 2015
Pours clear gold with a frothy cream head. Aromas of hearty wheat, sharp rye, citrus, floral, and caramel, and the classic IPA pine, although that’s more faint. Taste is a nice medley of West Coast hops, sweet tropical fruit up front fading to that fine bitter, spicy hop-taste. Very good. Lagunitas continues to become a favorite of mine with every beer of theirs I try.