overall

RATINGS: 62   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.49   ABV: -
A beast of a brew. This dark, rich hearty ale is made with shiitake mushrooms, adding umami soaked earthiness unique to this beer. Brewed with a balanced blend of roasted barley and oats, the mouthfeel is truly narrative. Both complex and straight-forward, this ale is equally at home with a hearty fresh off the grill steak or a late night game of poker.

Sleeper (91) - Washington, USA - AUG 20, 2010
I loved this beer! I love stouts and the mushrooms really add a layer of enjoyment. I paired this with salmon and grilled mushrooms which was awesome. I’d like to try this again without having mushrooms in my dish to see how the ale performs by alone. This beer really excited me.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
concretebeer (17) - Washington, USA - JUN 10, 2010
A tasty and drinkable brew. Not an everyday drinker, but definitely worth trying again. The palate quality keeps me coming back for more. Subtely earthy and chocolate. Close to a dry stout.