Equinox Habanero
     click to upload

RATINGS: 3   MEAN: 2.63/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.71   ABV: -

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
bu11zeye (11760) - Frisco (Dallas), Texas, USA - APR 10, 2012
(Draught) Pours a clear amber body with no head. Aroma of roasted habanero and caramel. Flavor of habanero and that is about all. A descent pepper beer to sample. I would have been curious to try the ghost pepper beer, but the keg had just kicked.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
BMan1113VR (7787) - Los Angeles, California, USA - DEC 9, 2011
On tap at the brewery. Pours with no head (oil) and a clear copper-bronze body. Aromas are grassy, vegital and some solidly hot and slightly smokey Habs. Flavors are hot, seeds, burn, warming and heat. Chug-it! ...I had some fun with this beer. I got my rating in and decided (at this point in the day) to chug the rest of the sample and gargle with it. I feel that this might give a somewhat deeper appreciation for this beer. Yes, it is taste bud numbingly hot (glad it was my last beer in Fort Collins), but it is also quite physically hot. I endured a solid esophagus and stomach burn for much of the car ride back to Denver. Worth it? Yes. Definitely hot. Nice stuff as far as pepper beers go (not my thing, but I do like heat). Truly a memorable beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
BeerandBlues2 (9068) - Hanover, Maryland, USA - OCT 6, 2011
Tap. Pours clear tawny with no head. Aroma is sweet caramel malt and spicy roast peppers. Flavor is heavy hot peppers, hot, hot, hot with a spicy finish. Light body, low warmth, medium carbonation. OMG! This beer is effin’ hot, particularly with the ghost chilis.