overall

RATINGS: 122   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.29   IBU: 24   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
Black w/garnet highlights, this Porter is rich & full flavored with notes of chocolate, coffee & smoke. 24 IBU’S, 5.8% ABV.

brettcassel (5) - Texas, USA - OCT 27, 2013 does not count
This is simply the best porter I've very tasted. Delicious. Smoky. Smooth.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
properhops (88) - - SEP 21, 2011
Video review at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgdTdgwjrKI … Appearance: Black, 2-finger tan head hangs out for a couple sips, above average lacing Smell: Cherry, coffee, roasted malts, carmel + earthiness, bit of nuttiness Taste: Medium body, smoky, turkish coffee, chalky chocolate finish, mild bitterness, high carbonation Pairings: Pork barbecue, fish & chips

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
Travlr (9999) - Washington, Washington DC, USA - AUG 29, 2010
Black, lets no light through. Huge brown head with great retention, solid lacing. Aroma of taffee, butterscotch, cocoa. Taste is smoky chocolate, scotch. Nice stuff.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
closey22 (784) - Mt. Laurel, New Jersey, USA - JUN 27, 2014
Dark brown with purple hilite and foamy lasting tan head; roasty tangy aroma with hint of raspberry; Flava is rich roasty complex blend of malt subtle notes of fruit berry/raisin; feels medium slightly fizzy; finishes semi dry subtly tangy

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Skeegle (566) - Maryland, USA - MAR 10, 2010
Excellent porter that tastes remarkably similar to DFH Chicory Stout. Dark and roasted, this has a smooth yet complex roast complex of chicory, burnt coffee, dry chocolate malt. Very good beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 14/20
zebracakes (1339) - Washington DC, USA - MAR 21, 2010
Bottle. Pours opaque brown black, off white head. Aroma is chocolate, coffee, vanilla, caramel, malt, leather, tobacco. Pretty complex and lovely scent; can they make this into a perfume? Flavor is meaty, smoky, slightly oily, well balanced. A damn good, full bodied porter.

daknole (8863) - Scottsdale, Arizona, USA - MAR 22, 2011
Brown pour, light tan head. Aroma of light cocoa, coffee, smoke, and roasted malt. Flavor is smoke, molasses, light espresso, and dark dried fruit.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
BetterHopp2it (7) - Staunton, - AUG 11, 2012 does not count
Nice, frothy head. Pronounced chocolate, but not too sweet. Quite a pleasant porter. Certainly worth a try.

HeadyDE (470) - Delaware, USA - NOV 3, 2012
Bottle into pint glass..large head that dies down to a nice half finger...aroma of chocolate..coffee..palate is extremely smooth with chocolate dominant and an slight aftertaste of cola..this is a good, solid flavorful porter that I will be getting more of in the future..well done...

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
coldbrewky (1418) - Hippetown East, New York, USA - APR 25, 2010
Bottle at Bobs super famous and obsequious world’s best rib joint/sportsbar/ clothesline and junk yard in Ocean City Maryland. (141st street). Well lemme tell yah, the boys and I arrived for the hack golf weekend in style and fell upon the closest bar with an open kitchen late this past Friday eve. I fully assumed that the best I could possibly do was going to be Blue Moon or Yuengling Lager. Yeah, high hopes...for the eternal pessimist. As the group that I was with drooled over the menu, I settled for a Blue moon belgian ale. Not horrible considering they had four types of BMC light beers on tap too. The barmaid asked me "why the long face?" I replied that I was not a horse. She giggled, and said come on smile you’re at the shore....lighten up. I told her I wished they had some better beers on tap. She said she had some local brews in bottles.. I asked if any were NOT DFH since we had to drive thru the Lewes DE speed trap/ gauntlet of town clowns on Rt One to get here, I realy wasnt in the mood for DFH extraneous hoo hah. She said yup, "close your eyes" I said OK. She said ok, you can look. I opened my eyes and before me sat a bottle of Lucky Seven.....with a frozen mason jar next to it. I smiled and requested an unfrozen mason jar. I was labeled " Mr. high maintenance" for the rest of the evening. This incidentally consisnted of three more of them. Body is up fron a bit on the light side but builds to a moderate chocolate body that then turns into a very pleasant dry bacon smoke with some chicory. A nice tart finish. A pleasant find.