overall

RATINGS: 51   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.18   ABV: -
Brand owned by Pabst. Last known production was at the City Brewery, LaCrosse WI. Discontinued June/05. Pabst may sell the brand.

0.6
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
weisinator (67) - USA - SEP 15, 2005
"Last Chance for Falstaff" at the local watering hole. Nothing to note here. It tasted like the can with a hint of pasta. No hops, no real malt flavors, didn’t get any visuals since I drank it straight out of the can. My real reason for drinking it was to add the can to my collection.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
HammsDrinker (21) - Dollar Bay, Michigan, USA - APR 14, 2005
I can tolerate a few of these now and again. It’s not as good as Hamm’s, of course, but what can you do.

1.3
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
SmellGood (339) - Memphis, Tennessee, USA - APR 9, 2005
My girlfriend bought my favorite beer glass with the Falstaff logo. I finally got a chance to try the beer and it was quite painful. Very little flavor and aftertaste was horrible. I still love my beer glass though.

1.4
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 3/20
beerbus (20) - Fishers, Indiana, USA - JAN 27, 2005
A great yard beer for the price. More flavor for your buck than anything from AB. Slight maltyness.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Bill Becker (323) - Casper, Wyoming, USA - JAN 20, 2005
Wow. I haven’t had a Falstaff in about a decade. From memory, I recall it had a bit more of a hop bite than it does now but it ain’t bad at all. I had this beer shipped to me from Texas and though some would call me crazy, I think it was worth the effort to relive the past. ;^)

0.7
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
gjamieson (80) - Canton, Georgia, USA - DEC 31, 2004
Still pissy after all these years. I tried this many years ago after reading Dewey Phillips, of WHBQ Memphis fame, was an avid Falstaff drinker. It tasted like piss then and still tastes like piss today.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
mohawksin (187) - Nebraska, USA - JUL 23, 2004
Growing up in small town Wisconsin, I always thought this was the "good" beer. Thankfully I grew up and moved away and tried other beers. My favorite memory of this beer is the inconsistency. You might get a skunky beer, you might get a tasty one, sometimes even in the same six pack. But let me add, the tasty ones were pretty good, ice cold.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
JoeCoon (1) - Ft. Payne, Alabama, USA - MAY 31, 2004 does not count
Ahhh...to have an ice cold case in the fridge eught now !! Wish I could fins it !

1.3
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
Hoss (607) - Florida, USA - FEB 15, 2004
Most of you can not remember the game of the week. This is one of the brews that made it possible. Too bad it losts its soul to be like so many other mainstream brews

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
SledgeJr (3577) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - JAN 23, 2004
UPDATED: AUG 1, 2007 This is my "bad beer" of choice. Yeah, I know that it’s not too tasty, but everyone needs a lawnmower beer, and this is mine. Great beeraphernalia from this brand over the years. UPDATE: Nothing lasts forever. Falstaff is gone. A distributor told me that more Falstaff was sold in the Omaha market than anywhere else in the country, due to the fact that Falstaff was made here until 1982. Bars and restaurants all over Omaha still sold Falstaff up until its demise. I bought the last 12 pack of Falstaff at my local to squirrel away for nostalgia’s sake. UPDATE 8/1/7: I’m noticing that lots of jerks are rating Falstaff long after it is gone by either declaring to have magically found a can in their fridge, or rating it off of how much they remembered vomiting. ratings like this are just disgraceful. falstaff was not a great beer, but it does not deserve derision of being scored like BMC rice-pop. Give me corn any day. Perhaps that is why we Omahans appreciated Falstaff so much.