overall

RATINGS: 51   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.18   ABV: -
Brand owned by Pabst. Last known production was at the City Brewery, LaCrosse WI. Discontinued June/05. Pabst may sell the brand.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
rabuc (143) - carlisle, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 13, 2004
one of the first beers i ever sipped as a boy when my dad and grandpa allowed me to have a sip! must drink cold and on a blistering hot day to enjoy!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
kwoeltje (2232) - Manchester, Missouri, USA - DEC 9, 2003
My grandfather used to have cases of this sitting on his back portch. Probably the first beer I ever had, stealing sips from cans as a small boy.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
Slick (1969) - Thief River Falls, Minnesota, USA - SEP 29, 2003
I wasn't sure what to make of this brew,when i was a kid my buddies dad drank this stuff but i doubt it was for the taste it had to be for the price.Golden color,small white head that faded fast,The aroma was very light malt and corn and little else mildly sweet.The taste was very faint,corny and light malt at best with very nearly no hop presence,the after taste was weak with little to offer.It's an ok hot weather brew meaning it will quench the thirst but then so does water,which this comes close to being.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
vomit (167) - Michigan, USA - SEP 5, 2003
Drank this once in college and it left a mighty fine impression on me!! This beer is best consumed after your first 20 or so Blatz!! You do NOT want to start your evening out on this stuff...yuck!! IS this stuff even made anymore?

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Falconseye8 (542) - Evans, Colorado, USA - AUG 1, 2003
Just like Jerkadilly says easy to drink not much taste or aftertaste. Would I buy it? No. Would I drink one if my life depended on it? Most likely.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
jerkadilly74 (155) - mooresville, Indiana, USA - JUL 24, 2003
A GREAT EXAMPLE OF A GRANDFATHERS BEER. EASY TO THROW BACK DUE TO THE FACT THAT THEY TASTE LIKE WATER. I WAS VERY SUPRISED TO FIND THIS BREW WHEN I DID, I THOGHT THIS ONE HAD DIED A LONG TIME AGO. GIVE IT A TRY, IT'S NOT AS BAD AS SOME OF THE OTHER CHEAP AMERICAN STYLE BEERS OUT THERE.

1.2
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
Michiganmike (17) - Saint Clair Shores, Michigan, USA - JAN 20, 2003
I always liked the puzzles on the back side of the cap better than the beer.. A truly horrible beer.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
BrockLandersLS (109) - San Diego, California, USA - JAN 10, 2003
A true blue collar brew. Watery and piss-colored but I must say the vintage 70s can does make a nice edition. Its straight outta a Starsky and Hutch episode. Overall I’d say with the 70s nostalgia you get alittle something extra with this macro.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
FUNK (120) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 29, 2002
Like most macro crap, weak and watery.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
21iceman40 (1731) - vienna, West Virginia, USA - DEC 26, 2002
This here is some vintage crap. It has the usuall watery flavor, the nice yellow tint, the smell of ass. The can is vintage though, straight out of the seventies, something that I would picture Red Foreman drinking.