overall

RATINGS: 51   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.18   ABV: -
Brand owned by Pabst. Last known production was at the City Brewery, LaCrosse WI. Discontinued June/05. Pabst may sell the brand.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
SledgeJr (3577) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - JAN 23, 2004
UPDATED: AUG 1, 2007 This is my "bad beer" of choice. Yeah, I know that it’s not too tasty, but everyone needs a lawnmower beer, and this is mine. Great beeraphernalia from this brand over the years. UPDATE: Nothing lasts forever. Falstaff is gone. A distributor told me that more Falstaff was sold in the Omaha market than anywhere else in the country, due to the fact that Falstaff was made here until 1982. Bars and restaurants all over Omaha still sold Falstaff up until its demise. I bought the last 12 pack of Falstaff at my local to squirrel away for nostalgia’s sake. UPDATE 8/1/7: I’m noticing that lots of jerks are rating Falstaff long after it is gone by either declaring to have magically found a can in their fridge, or rating it off of how much they remembered vomiting. ratings like this are just disgraceful. falstaff was not a great beer, but it does not deserve derision of being scored like BMC rice-pop. Give me corn any day. Perhaps that is why we Omahans appreciated Falstaff so much.

1.3
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
beerbill (3377) - Laurel, New York, USA - JAN 29, 2006
12 oz. can. I can’t believe I still had one of these rolling around. The Falstaff brand is one of the larger groups in my beer can collection. I’m sorry to see Falstaff is gone. I hate seeing these regional brewers disappear. The beer itself is not very good. RIP.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Headbanger (3300) - Aurora, Illinois, USA - APR 15, 2014
16oz can (Old Notes)-Pours a clear golden with a decent head. Aroma of corn, grains, and malt. Taste of the same. This light bodied brew was not bad and filled the purpose in college. Purchased $.99 six packs of tall boys at Liquor Mart.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
Gusler (2653) - Tucson, Arizona, USA - SEP 7, 2000
This was my first beer, was my fathers favorite, at least i owe it a few points for memories if nothing else. I under stand it can still be found?

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
kwoeltje (2232) - Manchester, Missouri, USA - DEC 9, 2003
My grandfather used to have cases of this sitting on his back portch. Probably the first beer I ever had, stealing sips from cans as a small boy.

1.4
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
BREWMUSKCLES (2226) - New Jersey, USA - JAN 17, 2011
this was not very good beer at all. though it did have a decent golden color. and it was foamy enough. seems years ago that was the gimmick that kept us coming back, the nice robust burn of carbonation set the pattern for that ability to sense that weak and sweet malt and corny sweet with touch o’ hop character. that and that beer was pretty cheap.

0.9
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
joet (2162) - Santa Rosa, California, USA - OCT 15, 2001
Ok, I tasted it. Next!

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
Slick (1969) - Thief River Falls, Minnesota, USA - SEP 29, 2003
I wasn't sure what to make of this brew,when i was a kid my buddies dad drank this stuff but i doubt it was for the taste it had to be for the price.Golden color,small white head that faded fast,The aroma was very light malt and corn and little else mildly sweet.The taste was very faint,corny and light malt at best with very nearly no hop presence,the after taste was weak with little to offer.It's an ok hot weather brew meaning it will quench the thirst but then so does water,which this comes close to being.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
21iceman40 (1731) - vienna, West Virginia, USA - DEC 26, 2002
This here is some vintage crap. It has the usuall watery flavor, the nice yellow tint, the smell of ass. The can is vintage though, straight out of the seventies, something that I would picture Red Foreman drinking.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
kyzr (1150) - Belgrade, Montana, USA - OCT 15, 2002
Hard to find anymore. The last time I had it, the 12 pack had dust on it in the walk-in. Still a good solid American cheap non-craft beer.