overall
Brewed by Brasserie Fantôme
Style: Belgian Strong Ale
Soy-Erezée, Belgium

RATINGS: 117   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.26   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
Fantome Boo! Special Begian Ale. Burgundian Babble Belt. Imported by Shelton Bothers, Belchertown MA

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
JAXSON (533) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 26, 2013
Pours clear light amber with a large, thick head. Nose is way more pumpkin forward than I expected, with some spices and Belgian yeast kick. Mouth oddly sweet and pumpkin meat, pie spices, crust. Didn’t expect this from Fantome, basically it’s a legitimate pumpkin ale with a nicely integrated Belgian yeast component. Carbonation is really high. I thought this was going to be some weird, sour, grassy saison with a minimal impression of pumpkins, but that’s not the case. Decent, not amazing or anything, doesn’t blow me away, but a good beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
ThirstyBird (2017) - Düsseldorf, GERMANY - FEB 23, 2013
Pours a hazy amber color with small tan head. Smell is funky, spicy yeast. Taste is tart fruit, a little spice, dry and slightly sour. Medium body and nicely carbonated....nice! Very tasty stuff!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
tastybeer (1845) - Indiana, USA - FEB 21, 2013
Bottle, courtesy Brigadier, thanks! Pours dark gold, white head. Aroma is smokey, pumpkin, medicinal notes. Taste is lightly tart, leather, pumpkin, smoke. Palate is dry, soft, creamy, smokey finish. Odd.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Brigadier (3210) - Clevelandish, Ohio, USA - FEB 20, 2013
750 ml bottle
Split with tastybeer this was a beer that I could not pass up when I saw it on the shelves during a beer run. It might have been a little on the pricy side but sometimes you just have to pull the trigger. If this comes around next year pick one up for a fun Halloween.

Aroma / Appearance - Carbonated with a stark white head, the base is the color of a candlelight carved pumpkin. Iced pumpkin, yeast, and smoke mix well. Of the three the smoke is least expected. It smells a bit like roasted pumpkin seeds.

Flavor / Palate - Imagine lighting a pumpkin on fire, putting it out with a handful of snow, throwing it in a blender, and topping it with whipped cream. This is not what I imagine from a seasonal but as a result it stands out. Throw in a couple sips of orange slice and you have the whole package. This beer is worth trying just for the novelty.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
condray (3) - Owensboro, Kentucky, USA - FEB 15, 2013 does not count
So bubbly!! Took a while for my mouth to adjust to the texture so I could start tasting the brew. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
BBB63 (6396) - La Porte, Indiana, USA - FEB 14, 2013
Boo is right, maybe Boom is more appropriate!! WARNING for this is a MASSIVE GUSHER, the kind that goes everywhere but in the glass, I lost 80% or more of the beer. The beer it self has a nice acidity but there are some off-putting phenolic activity like plastic and band-aid. I am just to pissed off to add more than that. I was a big fan of Dany’s beers with many rated 4.0 or higher but this event and other horror stories make me question of I will ever buy any more.

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!�

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
anders37 (18915) - Malmö, SWEDEN - FEB 12, 2013
Bottle. Gusher. Pours a hazy yellow color ska longlasting white head. Has a fruity head. Fruity malty smoky spicy aroma. Fruity malty smoky spicy pumpkin flavor. Has fruity malty spicy yeasty finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
beastiefan2k (2777) - Emerald City (formely NYC & KS), Washington, USA - FEB 3, 2013
I am bit surprised by some of the other ratings, I did not have a phenolic or "plastic" character at all. I had a great bottle that was mostly a light, tart beer with a light herbal/vegetal squash sweetness. This was greatly interacted with a tart aspect and a spritzey mouthfeel. Tart, easy drinking, with a cool and novel pumpkin character. Real pumpkin and no over the top pumpkin-related spices. Once I feel like I am done with Fantôme something really good hits me in the face. I really enjoyed this beer, I too must of hit the Fantôme lottery. Some of us are lucky.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
Ernest (6603) - Boulder, Colorado, USA - JAN 31, 2013
Bottle. Head is initially large, frothy, off-white, mostly lasting. Body is hazy dark yellow to light amber. Aroma is lightly malty (grain), lightly hoppy (apricot), lightly to moderately yeasty (cobwebs, mold), with notes of vacuum cleaner bag, toenail clippings, plastic, hairspray, Windex and other cleaning products, apple, orange, cucumber. Flavor is moderately sweet, lightly to moderately acidic, lightly bitter. Finish is lightly sweet, lightly to moderately acidic, lightly to moderately bitter, unclean. Medium body, watery texture, lively carbonation, lightly alcoholic. This is just another example of how far Fantome has fallen in the last 5+ years. This is just abysmal, truly embarrassing. I would never release a beer this bad with my brewery’s name on it. The nose is a cornucopia of disturbing, phenolic horrors. I guess if you like drinking chemicals you might like this, but wow...one of the worst from this brewery I’ve ever had.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
bhensonb (12171) - Woodland, California, USA - JAN 26, 2013
Capped/corked 750 from Bine & Vine. Opened with a major gusher. Pours hazy orange gold with a creamy off-white head. Aroma is herby and seems to have all spice - it’s a little dusty. A little furniture polish. Med + body. Flavor is musty/dusty oddly spiced - reminding of furniture polish. Finish is dry and turns towards light pitted fruit. Strange for a Fantome.