overall
Brewed by Brasserie Fantôme
Style: Belgian Strong Ale
Soy-Erezée, Belgium

RATINGS: 254   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.51   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
Belgian ale brewed with green tea.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
minutemat (1878) - Ford, Shropshire, ENGLAND - APR 8, 2014
75cl bottle @ the 2nd Shrewsbury Bottle Share FEB 14, courtesy of Mr Black Haddock down there. What a find. This is Belgian but I’ve never seen a bottle on any of my many trips to that country, instead I think most of their stock is sent by carrier pigeon to the US. Anyway.. this pours a fantastic absinthe green and perhaps bears too much of a thin appearance to be a beer. I got elements of saison yeast, artificial flavouring but generally I didn’t get much in the way of defined flavours, with a watery influence and bizarre tangy aftertaste. A strange one.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
BlackHaddock (4132) - Shropshire, ENGLAND - FEB 26, 2014
BBD Feb 2014, 0.75 litres: uncapped and cork removed on 24th Feb 2014 at the second ever Shrewsbury bottle share (four of us on this occasion). This was one of my gifts to the group. It’s flourescent green and my senses wouldn’t allow it to smell or taste of beer, my eye’s deciding it was a green tea (which I believe it has infused somewhere during the brewing process) and Lincoln Pea Soup mixture with extra food colouring added. Different and a real talking point: where does the 8% ABV go for instance and why does it look like thin Pea Soup? I enjoyed it but can’t give you a proper review or tasting notes because it’s just ’strange’ and beyond my realms of reasoning and writing. My scores don’t make sense either!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
BeerBaboon (1615) - FINLAND - FEB 1, 2014
Pours green ooze. It is green and it is ooze. wut. It has white head and it is green ooze. Aroma is spicy and oozes acidic tones. Flavour is complex spicy and sour. Fantome has a weirds skill of making strange brews that are not extreme. Whoa. I like to drink ’em. What a fun and tasty brew.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Minderbinder (2007) - Québec, Quebec, CANADA - DEC 30, 2013
Bottle 750ml. Pours green (like a traffic ligth) with medium white head. Good lacing. Aroma is of soap, fruits, yeast. Taste is of strong bitterness, sugar, soap, slight acidity. Palate: Light-medium body. Overall: Bad. Repulsive. Soapy. No brainer DP.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
tom10101 (3085) - Quebec, CANADA - DEC 29, 2013
Bottle (750 ml). From JulienHuxley, thanks! Glowing green with a small persistent white head and some lacing. Aroma is unique with minty with green tea/herbal presence, floral notes, light fruits and I think there’s a little touch smoke too (but it may be my imagination considering I was expecting this). Taste is also of mint, green tea, light tartness, lemony notes and floral notes. Light to medium body. Good carbonation. This is really a weird beer... because of the color at first, but also because of the unique aroma/flavor profile. It’s quenching at first, but it then become cloying as long as you don’t love green tea. I have seen worst experiments.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
ogivlado (5894) - Zagreb, CROATIA - NOV 21, 2013
Bottled 750ml. -Intensive green coloured, small greenish/white head, not so pleasant buttery yeasty nose. Moderate malty, buttery, yoghurty and pretty strong herbal (nettle shampoo or tea) notes. Also some spices and fruits. Interesting yes, pleasant not so and like Marko said once is quite enough. And for the end I really don’t understand those people who rated this higher than 3.5.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
BRW (1135) - Barcelona, SPAIN - NOV 16, 2013
75 cl. bottle at Biercab. Hazy green colour with white head. Herbal, tea, floral aroma.Sweet, herbal, tea taste. Medium body.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
rederic (3063) - montréal, Quebec, CANADA - NOV 12, 2013
750ml bottle, Happy St-Patrick’s Day! with his hazy dark green hue, with a white - greenish head, with a yeasty, doughy, spicy, fruity nose, with some apple skin, water melon skin, herbal tea leaf accents, with a faint berry sourness, wheat, pale malt note in the aroma follows through on a medium-bodied palate with a warmth, yeasty, fruity, spicy, herbal, candyish lime lollipop, lime jello, tea leaf character, with some faint sour green apple skin, acidic, sweet and sour lime candy jelly, subtle peppery lemongrass spicy flavours, leading towards a warmth, yeasty, ligfht acidic, green berry, green apple skin, herbal tea leaf, lime candyish finish.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Marko (4053) - Split / Zagreb, CROATIA - NOV 10, 2013
Man, I completely didn’t expect that Ogi would get this for us, enormous thanks! Shared with him and heavy.
Humm... ours was a misty green body (another surprise, as I didn’t want to spoil my surprise by reading about it) with a misty white head. Full creamy aroma, heavily yoghurty, plum compote, light raisins. The taste continues along those line - compote from some fruit I can’t quite nail, could be plums, dunno, yoghurty too, ending somehow fresh in some citrus fruit, while still being sweet and heavy. Actually, to quote my notes, "heavy as f**k... just no". Definitely unique - completely surprised me. But once is quite enough I guess.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
fletchfighters (1134) - AUSTRALIA - OCT 28, 2013
Cork exploded on removal. Big time gusher. Light green color, off white head. 3 fingers at first but faded to a half finger collar. Nose is lime cordial, herbs and bread. Smelt more like gatorade than a saison. Taste is herbal, citrus and cordial. Feel is heavy and sweet. somewhat artificial, even with high carbonation. Unique beer? Yes. Not great though