Serve in Tulip

RATINGS: 1   MEAN: 3.5/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.86   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 25   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
A black cherry, honey, bitter orange peel Saison.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
ansermadide (1509) - Kyle, Texas, USA - AUG 19, 2013
Nearly solid, dark burnt orange in color with no head. I didnít realize how wet a beer could look without a head. It has a very strong aroma of wheat-like Belgian yeast and cloves. Sweet, with a slight fruitiness in the nose. At first I was a little taken back by the strong aroma, but you acclimate pretty fast to it, especially once it gets in the mouth. Before I get into the flavor, I should note that this could quite easily have been too fruity. In retrospect, itís perfectly dosed with that fruity sweetness. Itís so modest that itís not obvious what the fruit is. It definitely tastes like a pit fruit, and if I had to guess Iíd shoot for a plum. Now that I have plums in my head itíll be hard to ignore that. The flavor exudes much less if that strong yeast character that was in the aroma. Itís mostly slightly fruity, but thick on the palate, soft and almost chewy with an underlying echo of traditional saison flavor. Its softness is what really makes this beer enjoyable to me. Its sweetness stretches into the finish, ending only with a hint of very pleasant yeast. Iím very pleased with the outcome of this.