Faust Dullahan Irish Stout
     click to upload

RATINGS: 2   MEAN: 2.4/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.66   IBU: 35   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
The Dullahan, in Irish lore, is a headless horseman, carrying his own head... until this stout came along. With its thick, rich head, brewed dark and roasty, this Irish classic is so enticing, he has dropped his head and reached for this one instead. Alas, poor soul, how’s he going to drink it?

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
bu11zeye (11971) - Frisco (Dallas), Texas, USA - NOV 21, 2011
(Draught) Pours an opaque black body with a small tan head. Aroma of peat, licorice, and roasted malt. Flavor of lactose, roasted malt, peat, and cocoa.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
Andrew196 (1091) - Katy, Texas, USA - SEP 28, 2003
This was one of the worst beer experiences of my life. Me and the girlfriend stopped here on the way back from Dodging Duck in Boerne (a respectable brewpub). We walk in at 430 after calling to find out that the brewpub opened at 400. But, upon entry, we noticed that the lights are off and there isnt a soul in the place, not even a bartender. I go to piss and tell the gf to figure this out. When I come out, my gf was talking to a 40 some odd year old bartender woman who was obviously a heavy smoker, her face looked like a catchers mitt. So, I cautiously sit at the bar and ask which beers are available. She goes into some long story about how the place undergoing a change in management and they temporarily halted beer production...all they have is one....the stout. I agree to try this beer. The old hag pulls the tap handle and walks away. I hear air coming through the tap, see periodic sprays of foam. At this point, I shit myself. Are you serious?? The lady walked away to let the lines fill up with this crap. She finally comes back with a plastic pitcher and fills it with a steady stream of foam. I interject with, "I'll just try a sample, how about that"?....the old bag smiles with her pitcher full of foam, now with a 2 inch layer of liquid at the bottom. She takes a metal ice scooper and scoops foam out of the pitcher til most of it was gone! She pours the stout into a small glass and gives it to me. Beads of sweat had developed on my head as I looked down at this scary nectar of Fausts Brewing Company. I take a swig...blah...not bad, just an average brewpub stout. I look up and leatherface says with a thick Texas accent "It's kinda like a guiness". I give her a patronizing smirk and a nod of my head. I look down at this 4 ounce glass and decide to go all out and finish it with one gun. The girlfriend was speechless this whole time--ready to go. The only signs of life she had were the looks of fear when leatherface made random yawning grunts when in the back. I slam the glass on the table when the old bag asks if I want a pint of it. I acted as if I was seriously contemplated whether or not to get a whole pint of this garbage. I, of course, denied leatherface's offer, threw a dollar on the bar, grabbed gf's hand and left. I do not plan to ever visit Fausts again, even once they have new management, I never want to see leatherface again.