overall

Extra Strong Beer

1.1
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
borisz (407) - NETHERLANDS - JUL 25, 2009
Just an easy beer to get drunk. Not an enjoyable beer. This one is skippable. Taste is zum kotsen and it is truth.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 10/20
dwyerpg (5538) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - JUL 23, 2009
I guess I didn’t look at the can that well, since I thought it was a german beer. Interestingly, I got a hint of banana in the aroma. I didn’t feel the alcohol at all when the beer was still in my mouth, but I felt it all the way down! A little sticky in the finish as well. Good till you swallow.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
jaghana (5439) - Strasbourg (Alsace), FRANCE - JUL 13, 2009
1L can. No too bad for this pourcentage of alcool. Sure this is not a beer you open for the taste. Anyway the hop flavor is nice and the beer is quite ok for 10°. The head was ok too.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Stefano (1956) - Thisted, DENMARK - JUN 15, 2009
Deep golden colour beer with a pathetic head. Aroma is malty but also metallic. Flavor is cheap malt and lots of alcohol in the finish.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
MoritzF (9359) - Ottobrunn, GERMANY - JUN 2, 2009
(100cl can) Clear, pale golden colour with a medium-sized foamy white head. Dusty, plastic-like malty scent with grainy and subtle fruity notes. Sweet flavour with a light level of bitterness, full bodied, calm on carbon. Pale malt-character with hints of grain and honey; sweet and faint bitter, also quite warming finish. Better than expected (03.XII.08).

0.7
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 1/20
cyrenaica (1126) - Milton, Ontario, CANADA - MAY 15, 2009
500ml can
10.0% ABV
I tried this beer on April 29, 2009 after purchasing from one of my local LCBO outlets. The beer poured a translucent medium gold with a frothy white head. The aroma is sour grassy malt, and alcohol. The mouthfeel was medium-bodied and mildy carbonated. The taste was heavy on the alcohol, and light on any real malt or hop flavours. The last 3rd I had to gulp down to avoid tasting it.

0.6
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
bedainedebiere (512) - Terrebonne, Quebec, CANADA - APR 7, 2009
Probably the worst beer I will rate. I’m an assumed beer snob and my Budweiser friend bought a can of that crap (with a bottle of La Chouffe; he had good intentions). I usually refuse to drink those terrible commercial beers but I tasted it (I knew it would be a painful experience when I noticed in the ingredient list "glucose syrup"). It was even worst. Alchool is much too obvious, nothing refined. The aroma was so dispicable that the only thing I noticed was that a headache was coming just after smelling it. And, of course, I had a terrible headache the next day and I also puked a little in the morning. Personnal recommandation: do not even touch the can with plastic gloves, in fact, turn your head as quickly as possible and your overall quality of life will only be better. I don’t have an enough powerful word to say how much I hated that.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
bierkoning (12271) - La Tropica, NETHERLANDS - MAR 10, 2009
Litre can, bought @ München Hauptbahnhof. Blonde. Soft apple aroma. Nasty perfumed alcoholic flavor. Vegetable notes. Alcoholic. Terrible.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
fredthecat (319) - CANADA - MAR 1, 2009
a little bit of that overly burned and metallic faxe taste, but this is 10% and really cheap and was surprisingly easy to get down with even a degree of pleasantness

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
MennoO (148) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - FEB 1, 2009
1L can, dark-golden with small white head. very sweet strong beer, not too bad, but definitely not one to pick when you have the choice