RATINGS: 158   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.26/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
Fr33ze (1) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 8, 2012 does not count
Easily my favorite pumpkin beer. Tastes like a Troegs Mad Elf with pumpkin replacing the the chocolate. From first taste, I’d already decided I was on the way back to the beer store to stock up on a couple of cases for this season.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Dunt (301) - Illinois, USA - SEP 7, 2012
Received as an extra, poured into my Portsmouth tulip. Brownish orange in color with about a fingers worth of off-white head. Nose is composed primarily of spice, in particular nutmeg and cinnamon. There is also some light pumpkin and vanilla. Flavors starts of spice as well, but ends with a weird vegetal taste. Not all that pleasant. Moderate mouthfeel with good carbonation, slightly oily, and a moderate finish. Pretty run of the mill pumpkin ale. A lot of emphasis on the spice and not enough focus on the actual pumpkin. Decent beer, but I am happy getting it as an extra instead of buying it myself.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
boxofrane (2553) - Spring City, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 2, 2012
From the Bottle at lucky lab. Aroma is full of spice, especially nutmeg and clove. Taste is very balanced with a lot of pumpkin and a good bit of cinnamon and nutmeg. Really nice.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
chicowv (477) - Canaan Valley, West Virginia, USA - AUG 30, 2012
12 oz bottle with Casey. Pours a dark, ruby, copper color with zero head. Decent CO2 release throughout. Aroma of pumpkin pie spices and pumpkin with caramel malts and dough. Taste is moderately spiced, heavy pumpkin, slightly salty. Smooth overall, especially for 9%. Pretty good pumpkin but too much spice for my taste.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Godofthecellar (677) - NYC, New York, USA - AUG 19, 2012
pours a dark amber brown. smells like thanksgiving! im surprised this beer got such low reviews. i think this beer is delicious and the flavor completely masks the 9% abv. the flavor of pumpkin is light, with a spicy after taste

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
tcane7 (1670) - Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 10, 2012
Bomber with coworkers. Pours a clean brown with thick tan head. Nose is pumpkin spices - cinnamon, clove, notes of vanilla. Taste is a little bit like cola up front with pumpkin spices and slight pumpkin that recedes into a slightly bitter boozy finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 13/20
vtafro (5248) - Wayne, New Jersey, USA - AUG 6, 2012
Bottle. Brown pour with some tan lacing. Cinnamon, spices and some lighter pumpkin aromas. Cinnamon and spice with lighter pumpkin flavors, not all that much of a sweet tone.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
odinstyr (643) - Howell, New Jersey, USA - JUL 17, 2012
Pours a clear dark red-brown with a short lived off-white head. Smells of pumpkin, clove, cinnamon - slightly muted smells though. Taste is sweet, pumpkin is prevalent with a strong malt character, notes of spice - clove, allspice. Hints of a pie.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Billicus (289) - @RED BHUT JOIKIAS!, Paulsboro, New Jersey, USA - JAN 16, 2012
Aroma, was faint, spice not overpowering, cinnamon, clove, mostly, nice medium amber hue, smooth taste, slight hop, mostly malt background, followed by the spice on the back end good balance overall, I think one of the most balanced Pumpkin beers I’ve tried

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
TheCorkStops (53) - Connecticut, USA - JAN 13, 2012
So I grabbed this little brew on a recent trip back to PA to visit my folks, the Devious Imperial Pumpkin from Fegley’s BrewWorks. The BrewWorks has a couple of brewpubs in the Allentown/Bethlehem area that I call home, so I’m looking forward to this one. Plus, I’ve got a few old friends that work there, as well as a number of family members that consider themselves regulars. So let’s see how it stacks up, shall we? Pours out a really dark shade of orange, like a dark rust or mahogany color. I think this is one of the darker pumpkin beers I’ve seen this year. The foam is really lively, with a full two-fingers of head, in a creamy, off-white color. The head retention isn’t long though, it subsides fairly quickly, leaving behind a mild lacing on the glass. The aromas are nice, but mild. There’s a little bit of pumpkin, but it’s barely noticeable. The spices stand out a little stronger, but are also not as evident as the spices in some other brews this year. Taking a sip I’m, well, disappointed a little. The spices are not as present on the palate as they were on the nose, and I’m not really getting a ton of pumpkin flavors. As the beer warms up, I’m getting a bit more pumpkin, but even less on the spice-side of things. Don’t get me wrong, the Devious Pumpkin is quite drinkable, and I’m sure many people would enjoy it. But I set my standards for pumpkin beer pretty high, and this isn’t quite hitting the same mark that’s been set this year. Now, I’ve heard a few rumors that maybe I’ve got a bottle from last year’s batch. There’s no "best by" or "bottled on" date anywhere on the bottle, so I can’t quite be sure. And I picked this bottle up at a Wegman’s the latter part of August. Due to the kinda flat flavors, I’m hoping this is a leftover from last year. But for the sake of Wegman’s stocking practices, I hope they didn’t put last year’s Devious Pumpkin out on the shelf at the same time as this year’s Pumking, that’s just bad karma. I’ve also had several of my old friends tell me that the Devious Pumpkin is significantly better on tap. Unfortunately, I probably won’t make it back to PA while they’re still serving it, so my comparison will probably have to wait till next year.