overall

RATINGS: 150   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.22   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%

woohoo14 (1) - , California, USA - OCT 7, 2008 does not count
This is, without a doubt, my favorite pumpkin ale. Every year, in September/October, I get a hankering for pumpkin beers, and I can’t find one like this anywhere! I live in San Diego, and was in Philly 2 years ago and found this one in a bar on South Street. Where can I get more? I would love to find it again! If you know where, please email me!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
Fr33ze (1) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 8, 2012 does not count
Easily my favorite pumpkin beer. Tastes like a Troegs Mad Elf with pumpkin replacing the the chocolate. From first taste, I’d already decided I was on the way back to the beer store to stock up on a couple of cases for this season.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
beerhawk1975 (3) - USA - AUG 21, 2006 does not count
I just had this brew in the bottle at the brewery. It is a bit different from last years version I think. I purchased a whole case last year at Tanczos beverage in Bethlehem. WOW what an aroma! But the spice is not over the top. Slightly lighter in color than last years and I think a bit less spice making it very drinkable. The beer poured very bright and the head lasted only a few minutes. The beer did lace the glass though showing its mild but clearly apparent body. For a pumpkin ale I found this beer extremely drinkable which I cannot say for many of the other pumpkins I have had. Most are so spicy or to high in alcohol. You can clearly drink a six pack of this beer in one sitting. The funniest thing about the other reviews on this site is that people are writing reviews on bottles that are clearly expired based on their review dates. This years version just came out last week from what I was told at the brewery, so that means the reviewers were drinking bottles that are 6 months past expiration. Take those reviews for what they are. Reviews on old beer. Trust me. This beer is worth a try. I’ll be buying another case this year....and will drink it while it is FRESH!!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
crhensel (138) - New Jersey, USA - OCT 6, 2013
Poured a dark orange/amber with no head. Aroma of pumpkin pie spices with a mingling of hops. Very smooth on the tongue with an explosion of sweet pumpkin and spicy cloves and nutmeg. Extremely refreshing and a damned tasty imperial pumpkin! ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
DrinkEmUpJones (1069) - Georgia, USA - OCT 28, 2011
At GABF. Pours clear amber. Aroma is cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice. Medium-full palate is spicy and nutty with some fruitcake flavors. Very balanced and tasty, a fantastic fall beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Beerathon (1279) - Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 16, 2012
How does this beer not have a higher rating on here? I was just at a brewfest and this easily was winner of the show. So much going on, from the aroma, to the taste, to the palate, to the overall effect. Loved it! I’m not a pumpkin beer fan by any means, but this is great. Lots of sweet malts and spices. Yum.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
zeppelinsoul (20) - Nutley, New Jersey, USA - NOV 5, 2004
Good pumpkin ale. No DFH punkin. No my homebrew Pumpkin. Bush wins. Ichabod Crane, light your fire. Cowboy. It really is a wonderful way to bring in the season. This beer is the single reason that autumn is my favorite season. Cowboy.

Tripplebrew (778) - Saint Paul, Minnesota, USA - NOV 6, 2011
Pours a semi hazy copper orange with frothy tan head. Aroma is a mix of strong nutmeg, pumpkin puree, clove, pepper and herb. Flavor is a mix of nutmeg, pumpkin pie, almond, cinnamon. body is light yet creamy with perfect carbonation. Frankly, I really enjoy this pumpkin ale. It is a great pumpkin spice flavor and NOT syrupy which is key for me.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
MattMal88 (10) - - JUL 23, 2013
Pours a hazy brownish orange color from a 12oz. bottle. There was a very slight of whitish head that quickly dissapated. Aroma smells just like pumpkin pie. Taste is similar to pumpkin pie with a sweet and pumpkin pie flavor. You can taste the alcohol in this brew at the end where it gives you a little warmth. Overall this is one of the best imperial pumpkin ales I’ve had. Personally I like the alcohol taste of these bigger beers at the end and the pumkin pie flavor up front is very nice if that’s your thing. I would definitely recommend this beer to fans of imperial pumpkin ales.

FROTHINGSLOSH (5077) - GREENSBURG, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 17, 2013
UPDATED: AUG 13, 2014 Sampled from a 12 oz brown bottle this beer poured a dark caramel color with a medium sized foamy orange-brown head that left decent lacing. The aroma was sweet caramel, nutmeg, cinnamon and bread. The flavor was sweet sugar, caramel, bread, strong nutmeg, moderate cinnamon and clove and reminded me overall of pecan pie filling. Long sweet sugar and caramel finish with lingering nutmeg, cinnamon and clove. Moderately full bodied. Well done.