overall
Brewed by Feral Brewing Co.
Style: India Pale Ale (IPA)
Baskerville, Australia

RATINGS: 165   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.75   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 48   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
An India pale ale to round off the current selection of Feral pale ales. Hophog is an American-style IPA with strong pine needle and citrus aroma followed by an aggressive bitterness and a dry finish.

Editor’s note: also known as American IPA, back label.

Shawley's rating

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Shawley (5) - Gold Coast, - AUG 15, 2013
Nice drop well balanced, nice dark amber colour, head doesn’t last long, has sweet hop flavours with a mild citrus finish and soft bitterness.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
CraigH13 (2) - Highfields, AUSTRALIA - DEC 24, 2014 does not count
Two biases impacting on this rating. One, I’ve got an head cold. Secondly, I recall a fantastic visit to Feral Brewery with my family last year, so a positive cognitive impression. In fact, this beer smells like a garden @ a brewery, as long as that brewery has passionfruit vines & lemonade trees. Surprisingly the palate is not as biting as I expected; hops a plenty with a more rounded after. Nice residual bitterness to top off a great drinking experience. Really like this drop!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
HoppingHop (7) - Gold Coast, AUSTRALIA - DEC 15, 2014 does not count
Been drinking this beer for quite a while. This one has never failed me for its hoppiness and firm-bodiness. As its second name suggests, being American IPA with lots of american hops, this has a rich pine and citrus providing a sensory input to your nasal cavity. Mild bitterness and dry finish also make this beer a very good one for IPA starters.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
motelpogo (7054) - Plzen, CZECH REPUBLIC - DEC 14, 2014
sampled both bottled and on tap in sydney. somewhere between amber and orange coloured, clear with a modest off-white head; aroma of tropical fruit salad; quite sweet, weis bars, caramel fudge and pineapple flavoured yoghurt. decent, but got to be a bit too sweet after a couple of pints

Polycotton (4) - AUSTRALIA - NOV 27, 2014 does not count
I have tried so many delicious and tasty beers that I always get nervous when I buy a case of Hop Hog or get one from the bar. I think that I have an overblown idea of how good this beer is and that when I take that first sip it will let me down or not taste as good as another awesome beer I had the other day. However, I am always pleasantly surprised and once again think to myself that this is my favourite beer. It has such an enjoyable range of flavours with none of them being overpowering or dominating the others. It is an exceptional beer. About the only negative thing I can mention is that you want to get your hands on the freshest Hop Hog you can find, older bottles don’t quite have the same punch as the fresher brews.

beerrealmann (2) - - NOV 20, 2014 does not count
Such an incredibly well baanced beer. Impressive palate of full bodied hop but a delightful floral and fruity journey across the tongue. It has won draught beer awards 3 years in a row in Australia. This is actually my favourite beer for the last year. I couldn’t recommend higher

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Simmo (24) - - NOV 15, 2014
(Bottle) Pours clear Amber with a white head that fades. Unique aroma of hops with citrus, grass and straw scents; seriously, this beer smells like a barn and is aptly named! Medium bodied with slick mouthfeel and medium/lively carbonation. Taste is light sweet medium bitter with citrus and some slight malavours coming through. This beer grew on me as I drank it but Judging by other reviews I think it may be better on tap.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Cam_Dynamite (40) - AUSTRALIA - NOV 8, 2014
AIPA? iPA? Who cares? This is a rad beer! Has all the fruity punch in the face you want up front. Nothing over the top just a balanced sessionable legend of a local beer

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
wazzawazza (29) - Geraldton, AUSTRALIA - NOV 6, 2014
UPDATED: NOV 22, 2014 Smooth, gentle and perfect bitterness. Fruity hints and the balls of a man?s beer. Choice.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
RafeAU (200) - Kingston, AUSTRALIA - OCT 18, 2014
A hop forward IPA that can match it with the American produced IPAs. Lovely citrus aroma, appropriate bitter finish. One of the best Australian IPAs.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Big_Tony (3) - - OCT 6, 2014 does not count
One of my favorites. Fresh off tap at the brewery is the best place to try it. Bottled is ok if you can find it fresh, but not the same. Pours dark amber with a large off white head. Quite cloudy, massive hoppy aroma, strong pine needle and citrus hop hit followed by a complex caramel malt and long bitter finish. If you are visiting Perth, a trip to this brewery is a must.