Brewed by Feral Brewing Co.
Style: India Pale Ale (IPA)
Baskerville, Australia

RATINGS: 193   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.74/5   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 48   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
An India pale ale to round off the current selection of Feral pale ales. Hophog is an American-style IPA with strong pine needle and citrus aroma followed by an aggressive bitterness and a dry finish.

Editorís note: also known as American IPA, back label.

Peterkt (1) - - JAN 20, 2014 does not count
Iíve had this in bottles and on tap. I highly recommend this on tap. Had it at Hotel Warrnambool. My beer of choice.

crozdog (19) - Ascot Vale, AUSTRALIA - APR 13, 2014
My fav beer of all time. Lovely nose, palate and finish. A delight to drink, especially in the warmer climes.

beerrealmann (2) - - NOV 20, 2014 does not count
Such an incredibly well baanced beer. Impressive palate of full bodied hop but a delightful floral and fruity journey across the tongue. It has won draught beer awards 3 years in a row in Australia. This is actually my favourite beer for the last year. I couldnít recommend higher

Polycotton (6) - AUSTRALIA - NOV 27, 2014 does not count
I have tried so many delicious and tasty beers that I always get nervous when I buy a case of Hop Hog or get one from the bar. I think that I have an overblown idea of how good this beer is and that when I take that first sip it will let me down or not taste as good as another awesome beer I had the other day. However, I am always pleasantly surprised and once again think to myself that this is my favourite beer. It has such an enjoyable range of flavours with none of them being overpowering or dominating the others. It is an exceptional beer. About the only negative thing I can mention is that you want to get your hands on the freshest Hop Hog you can find, older bottles donít quite have the same punch as the fresher brews.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Beechamp37 (1) - AUSTRALIA - JAN 12, 2013 does not count
Beautiful beer. Almost perfect balance of malt/hops. Fruit/pine combination, hoppy yet still deliciously drinkable. One the best IPAís around.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
Ellery (29) - AUSTRALIA - JUL 7, 2013
Love this beer itís an absolute cracker in every way! Loads of hops, amazing balance what more do you want? Hmmm maybe a double hop hog??

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Theodopilos (64) - - JUL 26, 2013
Golden colour, aromas of passion fruit and lychees, low carbonation, good lacing, very easy to drink, my knees are wobbling slightly from drinking too fast, what an amazing beer, well done feral

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
thebigkahuna (27) - - JAN 19, 2014
UPDATED: JAN 25, 2014 Great aroma. Nice taste. 5.8%! Nice..............................................

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
saltyfrog (6) - Baulkham Hills, AUSTRALIA - SEP 4, 2015 does not count
This is probably the first rip your face off with the amount of hops they use IPAs I have tried. It is really strong on the aroma & bittering hops. This one I get my friends to try when they have only had generic beer all their life. Whether they like it or not, at least itís an interesting experience for them!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Shambles (35) - Melbourne, AUSTRALIA - SEP 23, 2010
Iím going to go out on a limb and say that this is easily the best IPA coming out of Aus. Great pine needle and citrus aroma, balanced malt profile, smooth mouthfeel with a nice dry and bitter finish. Excellent length, the taste of this beer stayed on my palate for a long time after iíd finished it. This has definately raised the bar for Australia IPA. Now available in bottles outside of WA. Great work, awesome beer. Love it.