overall
Brewed by Feral Brewing Co.
Style: India Pale Ale (IPA)
Baskerville, Australia

RATINGS: 177   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.76   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 48   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
An India pale ale to round off the current selection of Feral pale ales. Hophog is an American-style IPA with strong pine needle and citrus aroma followed by an aggressive bitterness and a dry finish.

Editorís note: also known as American IPA, back label.

Peterkt (1) - - JAN 20, 2014 does not count
Iíve had this in bottles and on tap. I highly recommend this on tap. Had it at Hotel Warrnambool. My beer of choice.

crozdog (19) - Ascot Vale, AUSTRALIA - APR 13, 2014
My fav beer of all time. Lovely nose, palate and finish. A delight to drink, especially in the warmer climes.

beerrealmann (2) - - NOV 20, 2014 does not count
Such an incredibly well baanced beer. Impressive palate of full bodied hop but a delightful floral and fruity journey across the tongue. It has won draught beer awards 3 years in a row in Australia. This is actually my favourite beer for the last year. I couldnít recommend higher

Polycotton (5) - AUSTRALIA - NOV 27, 2014 does not count
I have tried so many delicious and tasty beers that I always get nervous when I buy a case of Hop Hog or get one from the bar. I think that I have an overblown idea of how good this beer is and that when I take that first sip it will let me down or not taste as good as another awesome beer I had the other day. However, I am always pleasantly surprised and once again think to myself that this is my favourite beer. It has such an enjoyable range of flavours with none of them being overpowering or dominating the others. It is an exceptional beer. About the only negative thing I can mention is that you want to get your hands on the freshest Hop Hog you can find, older bottles donít quite have the same punch as the fresher brews.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Beechamp37 (1) - AUSTRALIA - JAN 12, 2013 does not count
Beautiful beer. Almost perfect balance of malt/hops. Fruit/pine combination, hoppy yet still deliciously drinkable. One the best IPAís around.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
Ellery (28) - AUSTRALIA - JUL 7, 2013
Love this beer itís an absolute cracker in every way! Loads of hops, amazing balance what more do you want? Hmmm maybe a double hop hog??

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Theodopilos (33) - - JUL 26, 2013
Golden colour, aromas of passion fruit and lychees, low carbonation, good lacing, very easy to drink, my knees are wobbling slightly from drinking too fast, what an amazing beer, well done feral

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
thebigkahuna (27) - - JAN 19, 2014
UPDATED: JAN 25, 2014 Great aroma. Nice taste. 5.8%! Nice..............................................

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Shambles (35) - Melbourne, AUSTRALIA - SEP 23, 2010
Iím going to go out on a limb and say that this is easily the best IPA coming out of Aus. Great pine needle and citrus aroma, balanced malt profile, smooth mouthfeel with a nice dry and bitter finish. Excellent length, the taste of this beer stayed on my palate for a long time after iíd finished it. This has definately raised the bar for Australia IPA. Now available in bottles outside of WA. Great work, awesome beer. Love it.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Lazlo_Panaflex (6) - - SEP 1, 2011 does not count
This beer was recommended to me by a booze swilling hobbit of a man. He told me it was a fantastic beer and he isnít one to bandy around such compliments. Unless he is drunk, which he was. Horrifically so. Still, I cracked this beer expecting perfection and boy, I wasnít disappointed. An American style IPA, itís big on the hoppity hops. Yes sir. It is a cloudy gold in colour with a head like a fluffy cloud made of awesome. The nose is all floral, citrus and unicorn musk. My first sip turned into a gulp. This is a beer I could drink a lot of. Itís smooth and fresh and chock full of hops. The hops doesnít dominate though. It sort of sits there in the background like a surly bouncer who has his eye on you because you are flagrantly disregarding the dress code by wearing a hat. He hasnít made a move because the CCTV cameras are rolling but as soon as you go to the toilet, heíll belt you one. Thereís a melon flavour on the front palate with a delicious mild bitter finish. A very refreshing beer. A beer I could easily guzzle litres of on one of those hot days when your gooch is clammy and yearning for relief.