overall

RATINGS: 139   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.98   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%
The Fire Station 5 beers are brewed by Portland Brewing exclusively for the Fred Meyer grocery store chain. A well-hopped, deep golden ale with a malty, full-bodied taste and refreshing finish. Sip and reflect on long journeys to exotic lands.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
fgfats (10) - Portland, Oregon, USA - JUN 10, 2003
One of the better IPA's that I have had. Very nice balance of flavors with a nice hoppy taste.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 11/20
ssd123 (1) - USA - JAN 12, 2006 does not count
This is the only beer I drink. I use to drink Sam Adams but after I tasted This IPA I cannot tolerate anything else. I have tried all the FireStation 5 beers but this is the only one I like. I have gratiously let others sample my stash but I donít think they get it. The only problem is getting my trash bin up in my truck every other week for the trash guy. Wish they made it in Kegs or cans!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
LooseCannon (938) - Norfolk, Virginia, USA - DEC 14, 2008
22oz bottle. Pours clear amber in color with white head. Aroma of citrus hops and malt. Taste bitter grapefruit hops with bitter finish. This is very good every day IPA, surprising the low ratings for this one.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
merlin48 (656) - Jenkins, Kentucky, USA - NOV 16, 2006
Found a sixer of these in Paducah a few weeks ago. Nice looking, with a mildly hazed orange body and a small offwhite head that lays down some nice lacing. Grassy hops and pine resin to the nose. Light medium body is well carbonated. Brash dry hops are somewhat grassy and quash any suggestion of a serious malt presence. Pine cone and fresh hay notes also lurk. Pretty decent for style but nothing special.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
jwasow (1) - Krakow, POLAND - FEB 3, 2007 does not count
I like it ;). In my opinion a good level between price, avalibility and quality.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
Crafty07 (404) - Florence, Kentucky, USA - APR 27, 2007
This aromatic, hazzy copper ale is, suprisingly, the smoothest IPA Iíve ever had out of a bottle. If youíre like me and usually avoid the hop-fest that is a typical IPA, you could do worse than this beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
darbish (115) - Portland, Oregon, USA - APR 20, 2008
Doesnít smell sour at all, smells hoppy and malty. Itís also an attractive color. Quite bitter finish, kinda wakes you up a little if you arenít expecting it. I can taste malt, but for the most part, all I can taste is the flavor of the hops. I like that, but it doesnít seem particularly balanced. B+

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
paulmetzger (154) - Pocatello, Idaho, USA - JAN 21, 2006
On my first trip the the Fred Meyer upon moving out here I picked up a 6 pack and wasnít disappointed. Light amber in color with low carbonation and a quickly disappearing head. Very floral, somewhat fruity aroma. Well hopped, but not as bitter as I like in an IPA. Pretty well balanced, but a little too sweet a the end. Smooth mouthfeel. Pretty solid beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
boFNjackson (4130) - Portland, Oregon, USA - NOV 5, 2006
bottle poured golden color, with white head that cleared quickly. Aroma is earthy, fruity and slight hoppy. Mildly carbonated. Flavor is a citrus fruity, mildly hoppy (for an IPA), and other sweet flavors. Very crisp and clean.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 16/20
kimcgolf (872) - Dacula, Georgia, USA - NOV 25, 2006
Pours to the typical IPA hazy golden orange, with medium off-white head that lingers nicely, and shrinks to leave good lacing. Aroma is a nice blend of bitter hops and citrus, mopstly grapefruit, with the flavor following suit. The only issue I had with this beer was the palate. While it was dry and bitter as expected, it left a funky aftertaste, like a mixture of old wet tube sock and cardboard (not that I really know how that combination tastes). Aside from that, not a bad IPA.