overall
Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 1005   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.37   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
A British Pale Ale never tasted so fresh. We challenge our good friends across the pond to match this one. Canít be done. Weíve honored the traditions of the great British Pale brewers of Burton-on-Trent using our patented Firestone Union oak barrels. Youíre left with a mild blend of vanilla and toasted oak flavor touched with an elegant hint of English noble hops. DBA is the flagship of our company and wildly popular

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
SwedeDog (364) - Windsor, Connecticut, USA - DEC 31, 2005
Bottle. Not your typical barrelled beer. I guess when I saw it, I was expecting something bigger. However, thatís not to say that I was disappointed, itís actually refreshing to have a smaller barrelled beer. Citrus hops, caramel and faint malts are all in good balance. Thereís also a very faint oak taste, but it likes to play nicely in the corner. Finishes light with some citrus tartness and a little bitterness. Not bad.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
jzzbassman (1507) - New Albany, Mississippi, USA - DEC 31, 2005
Thanks to Secret Santa dhlesq for this goodie. Poured a clear copper color with a nice head and good lacing. Slight aroma of yeast and biscuits. The flavor was clean and fresh, with notes of caramel and oak and tobacco leaf. A bt thin, but overall a very drinkable pale ale.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
alabamajohn (67) - Alabama, USA - DEC 13, 2005
Transparent deep amber, tall head. Malt and hops both very present. Caramel, orange blossom, and earth. A tad thin. Very drinkable.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Walt (2449) - Austin, Texas, USA - NOV 24, 2005
Pour is reddish amber with a big bubbled off white head...smell is malty with hints of citrus...taste is a little sweet with an ever so slight yeasty bitterness...light burnt notes of oak too...

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
mrnutsnbolts (204) - Berkeley, - NOV 19, 2005
Tap. Poured a darkish amber color with no head. Fairly thin body, not much flavor except a little malt, burnt caramel, and yeast. Tasted almost like Newcastle, minus some of the nutty flavor. I was hoping that it would have a more pronounced oak flavor, but I was disappointed.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 10/20
hezron (610) - Viroqua, Wisconsin, USA - NOV 7, 2005
Light aroma of lemon and a soft yeasty character. Clear, dark amber with a thin, off-white head. Light caramel flavors, some hint of oak in the finish. Very light flavor that has some grass in the finish. The palate was the worst, thin and watery without much body at all. Uninteresting, seems like a boring red lager to me.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
thelandstander (46) - Davis, California, USA - NOV 3, 2005
The Firestone Walker Brewery is about 30 miles from where I used to live so when I saw this in a set of "10 of the finest craft brews" I was excited. Unfortunately it didnít taste quite as good as I remember. I can see how people can like this beer, but it just doesnít bring anything to the table for me.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
FuntonBunton (61) - Tempe, Arizona, USA - OCT 31, 2005
Pretty good brewski. Sipped on dis on right near the beach. Santa Brah Brah. A rich brew but kinda plain like Jane. Dont see the oak involved in dis one. Smooth and pretty good, reminds me somewhat of sierra nevada but smoother w/ less hops. Drank str8 from da bottle. Enjoyable and medium. Very medium.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Ratman197 (9506) - Arvada, Colorado, USA - OCT 23, 2005
On tap @ Falling Rock poured a clear dark amber with a small amber head. Aromas of oak, bread and light citrus. Palate was light bodied and dry. Flavors of oak, bread and a bit of nuttieness with a dry finish.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Engelsmann (651) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - OCT 18, 2005
Bottled. Pours amber, with a cream coloured head. Aroma is sweet malty and fruity. Taste is sweet malty