overall
Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 1189   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.38/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
A British Pale Ale never tasted so fresh. We challenge our good friends across the pond to match this one. Can’t be done. We’ve honored the traditions of the great British Pale brewers of Burton-on-Trent using our patented Firestone Union oak barrels. You’re left with a mild blend of vanilla and toasted oak flavor touched with an elegant hint of English noble hops. DBA is the flagship of our company and wildly popular

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
BeerloverEJ21 (131) - Georgia, USA - SEP 14, 2007
On the pour, dark and frothy with medium deminishing head. Dark ruby color. Smells hoppy and fresh. Taste is hops, medium bitterness, very good. Strength intensifies as it warms. This went really well with the pizza I was eating. This style is one of my favorites, something I really like drinking. Delicious.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Sanchex (224) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - SEP 14, 2007
Amber in color with nice head. Has a weird sweet cotton candy like arome. Not sure what to make of the flavour. Drinking this right after a really hoppy beer which could be adding to my confusion. Decent. Cheers!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Ankhfender97 (1) - Granada Hills, California, USA - SEP 12, 2007 does not count
Probably the best beer I have tasted in my young life. I would drink this beer everyday.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
stumage (1) - USA - SEP 12, 2007 does not count
One of my favorites. Begins smooth, nice and hoppy. a very mild caramel like sweetness mid-way thru, end to slightly bitter and then clean finish. Great cold weather beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
mnurda (1229) - Winnipeg, Manitoba, CANADA - SEP 11, 2007
Nice and hoppy. The ay I prefer. haven’t tried that many English Plae Ales, but would like more after trying this one. Thanks to piscator for sharing.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
piscator34 (2261) - Winnipeg, Manitoba, CANADA - SEP 7, 2007
Bottled sample via presario. Amber in colour with moderate carbonation. Nice malt forward aroma, some vanilla, very mild esters, and some wood. More hoppy flavors than expected, with some nice woody, grassy, and very mild citrus notes. Some light caramel flavors enter into the picture midway through, before some mellow woody bitterness finishes things off. Somehow, this is more of a British style pale ale for what it is not (a c-hop bomb), rather than what you’d normally expect a British style pale ale should be (lots of fruity esters, etc.). Pretty good.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
rayg1 (586) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - SEP 5, 2007
Pours out a deep amber color with a small tan head that quickly diminishes to nothing. Some light malty sweetness detected in the aroma followed by a quick but light bittering. Taste is again very light sweetness followed by a mild toasted flavor with light hops at the end. Pale Ales are not my favorite style, I prefer IPA’s but I particularly don’t care for English style Pale Ales. Nothing wrong with this beer really just sort of boring. Doesn’t really do it for me.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Zinister (1423) - Houston, Texas, USA - SEP 2, 2007
Tasting at the brewery. Sadly this one did not live up to the billing in my book. Nose was weak, taste was weaker, finish was not memorable. It was okay, but too bad for a place that has great quailty.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
bubbleflubber (2133) - Asheville, North Carolina, USA - AUG 24, 2007
Pours muddy amber, with a fully diminished head, minimal retention/spot lace. The nose is nicely done, of aerated caramel and toffee. Sweet toffee and caramel notes fall subtly behind an initial dryness. Not bad... I get a little copper and some spices leading into a clean finish. The finish is crisp, and very reminiscent of the beginning of the pull, in reverse order. The mouthfeel is a little off... not quite thin, and not quite hollow, but borders on either. Carbo levels are zesty, and make for a light embodiment. Again, not bad, but not a record breaker.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
TipsyMcStager (1139) - Calgary, Alberta, CANADA - AUG 23, 2007
Malty aroma with some woody notes. Pours a clear copper with thin head. Somewhat yeasty middle, with sweet malt, caramel. Mid range dry hoppy finish.