overall
Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 1111   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.37   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
A British Pale Ale never tasted so fresh. We challenge our good friends across the pond to match this one. Can’t be done. We’ve honored the traditions of the great British Pale brewers of Burton-on-Trent using our patented Firestone Union oak barrels. You’re left with a mild blend of vanilla and toasted oak flavor touched with an elegant hint of English noble hops. DBA is the flagship of our company and wildly popular

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
smcd (366) - USA - MAR 12, 2006
(12oz Bottles. Draft. 03/2006). Some vanilla in the aroma and a muted, soft maltiness. A bit o’ grassy hop notes. Clear, copper-colored. Very inviting. Mellow caramel and citrus notes in the flavor. Very muted woodiness with some vanilla notes. Medium-bodied.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
thebeertourist (5069) - Oslo, NORWAY - MAR 12, 2006
Bottle at T.H. Brewster. Clear, copper-coloured with a modest head. Weak aroma with notes of cellar. Flavour is citrus and caramel, but the oakiness escaped me. Medium to light body. A good thirst-quencher, but rather unspecial.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
OhioDad (2492) - Hilliard, Ohio, USA - MAR 11, 2006
UPDATED: MAR 12, 2006 12oz bottle pours amber with a short offwhite head. Nice aroma of caramel hops and light chocolate and brief hops. Nice pleasant smooth session brew blends together well and nothing over the top. A nice amber ale..

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
RooftopRogue (423) - Champaign, Illinois, USA - MAR 11, 2006
The aroma of this beer consists of malt, caramel, and fruit/prunes. It is amber in color with a good white head that dissolves rapidly. This beer is thin, smooth, and slightly bitter. The roasted grain taste fades into a fruity biscuit aftertaste.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Snojerk321 (2960) - San Diego, California, USA - MAR 6, 2006
Dark Amber nut color, nutty and heavy malt taste. A good bear for the boys on Sunday. Most girls I know dont like it.....but hey.....they’re girls!!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
chargerfanjess (124) - San Diego, California, USA - FEB 27, 2006
This brew pours almost red instead of amber. Intrigued, I put the glass to my nose and smelled a wonderful maltiness. With my first sip, I was very pleased that this beer had a smoothness I had not expected. It goes down very easy, but didn’t have a lot of aftertaste. I would recommend this beer to all who are looking for an easy going brew

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
RAYBOY01 (2012) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - FEB 9, 2006
Rich roasted malts...toffee and caramel. Very prominent floral hopping, but some additional citrus notes too. Refreshing fruitiness in the crisp finish. Very well crafted EPA...and another fine session beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
luvcasks (178) - USA - FEB 4, 2006
Aroma: Spices and malt in the nose along with a bit of grassy aroma Appearance: Copper hued and crystal clear very attractive. Pours with an off-white head which dissipates quickly While the carbonation is not heavy on the tongue the stream of bubbles continues for a long time... Flavor: Wonderfully balanced with malty sweetness combined with a faint grapefruity hop flavor. Tastes like a cask-conditioned beer in a bottle. As teh beers wams to room-temps I am getting some fruity flavors Palate: At around 55F this is a very nicely balanced beer with dry finish which lingers just long enough to make it quaffable. I also notice a little oaky/woody tastes in the finish Overall: For me (Cask Lover) this is a wonderful beer which is absolutely balanced and drinkable. This is as close to being able to bottle a true "cask-conditioned" beer.... definitely worth seekingout in this middle of the over-hopped IPAs

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
PattiA (49) - Madison, New Hampshire, USA - JAN 31, 2006
Firestone Double Barrel Ale pours out the way I see beer pour in commercials and seems almost perfect to look at. It has an orange/brown tone to it like a shiny penny and is crystal clear. The head foams up nicely and off-white but dissipates fairly quickly. If that wasn’t inviting enough, the aroma is sweet and malty with a slight hint of spices. I found the taste to be very well-balanced between the flavor of the hops and malts. My first impression was toasted malts or toffee, but later I could subtly detect just hints of spice and possibly a grapefruit-like tangy bitterness from the hops. I think some of this flavor was also from fermenting in the oak barrels as there seemed to be an almost pepper-like taste in there that was hard to pin down. The finish was definitely bitter with a good kick of carbonation that was a bit heavier than what I usually like in my brews.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
delmecum (87) - Western Illinois, Illinois, USA - JAN 29, 2006
A good all around average beer, nothing to sell the farm and buy a warehouse full of it. Buy it and try it, you won’t be disappointed nor will you think you have found the end of the rainbow