overall

RATINGS: 1353   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.89   IBU: 75   EST. CALORIES: 225   ABV: 7.5%
An instant classic, Union Jack is the recipient of numerous awards including back to back wins at the Great American Beer Festival. Union Jack is abound with hop aroma and character. In fact this well balanced, west coast IPA is dry hopped 3 separate times, each lot giving it more and more of the grapefruit citrus hop aroma and flavor it is known for. Overall it utilizes over 4 pounds of pacific northwest hops per barrel.

reg71 (2) - Atascadero, California, USA - JUN 5, 2009 does not count
IPA have been my favorite for about 3 years now. When I first started drinking microbrews I gradually moved toward brews with more hops until I found my first IPA. Wow, it was intense! I still have a special place in my heart for them, and this one is my favorite of those I have had.

jstraw (1906) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - OCT 16, 2011
UPDATED: NOV 24, 2012 Draft at Jerry’s. Gold with big, foamy, white head / Vibrant, sweet, nose of pine, citrus, and bubblegum / Medium, creamy body, resinous, lightly sweet with good hop bite and nice, bitter, finish / Flavors of cut pine, resin, grapefruit, pineapple, bubblegum, and honey / Not out there in any direction, just textbook perfect.

H60pilot (3) - - SEP 14, 2013 does not count
This is my favorite beer on earth right now! So bold and delicious but also sophisticated!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
mrchubbs (3) - Virginia, USA - JUN 2, 2012 does not count
I first tried this beer at the Oregon Brewfest in 2010 and I fell in love. For me it is the perfect IPA. Nice hop aroma and extremely smooth well-balanced taste. Drinking this on draft gives me a beergasm every time and it’s hard for me to stop drinking it once I start. Purely delicious.

lovemyhops (7) - New Jersey, USA - JUN 28, 2012 does not count
Bottle poured into a tulip glass. Clear golden color with thin white head. Great aroma of citrus hops. Tastes like it smells. Very refreshing, perfectly balanced IPA. This is a dangerously easy beer to drink. My favorite IPA. Another classic from the west coast.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
Bkwoodbury (4) - Woodbury, Minnesota, USA - AUG 6, 2012 does not count
A homerun. Awesome IPA. Nice good fruity taste and smooth finish. Great beer on a 113 degree day.

iworkatinitech (24) - New York, USA - JAN 1, 2013
This may be the cleanest most perfect hop forward and balanced beer. The aroma on a fresh bottle like I had last night is top notch! Definitely a treat and something I go to whenever possible!

KennyGalanif (42) - New Jersey, USA - DEC 16, 2013
This may be my favorite IPA yet! appearance is a crystal clear yellowish gold color. one finger of white head, dissipates moderately. Aroma is AMAZING! lots and lots of citrus, i get pineapple, grapefruit, candied tropical fruit, pine notes, and a balance of light caramel malts. the tastes is very similar to the aroma, citrus & tropical bomb!! pineapple, grapefruit, pine, spruce, light caramel malt, and a hint of alcohol. the finish has a slight citrus and pine flavor that lingers. overall, this is an exceptional west coast style IPA that i will seek out and buy!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
mattdav (5) - East Norriton, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 4, 2014 does not count
amazing and lovely. Gets you effed up big time bro. You will be so happy with this choice. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
soupy (32) - - JAN 12, 2014
West Coast IPA style, bottled a few weeks before my consumption, fresh and bright taste. Definitely another great brew from Firestone Walker, a perfect IPA.